We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
I’m excited to take my blogging journey a lot further this year than I have before. July was a good month on my blog and I’m happy with how it did. I also learned a lot and am excited to start really applying myself to blogging. This blog income report shows that when I apply myself more than it pays off.
- Pageviews: 58,682 down from 60263
- Sessions: 49,394 down from 50,302
- Users: 46,880 down from 46,968
- Pinterest Followers: was 102,333 now 103,527
- Posts Published: 4 the same as last month
June 2019 BLOG INCOME
Sponsored posts: $200
affiliate income: $65
My Products: $40
Total income: $1089 (up from $1005)
I am quite pleased with how my blog traffic and income were in June. I see a decrease in traffic during the summer and was expecting more of a drop during this summer. I am down a bit traffic-wise from June but I’m still doing better than I was last summer. My traffic is up significantly from summer 2018.
Which I’m hoping means that the rest of this year continues to be on the same upward path. I’ve put in a lot more effort and time and I can see it paying off. So if you are struggling to grow and things are slow with your blog to remember it can get better.
Blogging is a journey and in that journey, there are highs and lows. Some months I don’t do as well as I had thought I would and some months exceed my goals.
It’s why I’m committed to sharing my not so good months as well as my good months because I want you to know that it’s possible to make money blogging. I don’t want you to feel like you should give up if you have months that don’t go as well as you would have liked. That blogging can be an up and down journey. It will take work and time but you can do it. I wasn’t sure if I would ever make money with my blog and I now am and you can do it too!
If you are a blogger I would love for you to check out my e-book Boost your Pinterest Presence. In this book, I walk you through how to use Pinterest to grow your blog and create pins that get shared. Once you get your copy I will also make sure to send you updated versions of the book as I make them. Pinterest is constantly changing and I am always learning new ways to use it.
If you are looking to start making money blogging here are ways to do just that. Earning money through blogging has been one of the best things that I have started doing.
Ivory mix: $12
Total Expenses: $103
Check out my resources page for all my favorite blogging and life recommended products and services.
MY BLOG GOALS
I use to set monthly goals and haven’t been as consistent with setting monthly goals and am going to start doing this and hopefully, this will help me start being more successful.
How my July Goals went
- To grow my email list by 200 people. This would still be huge growth for me but I lowered it slightly from my June goal because my traffic goes down un July. So if you haven’t joined my list yet please do so here! Thanks! ( I grew by 110 so a good bump but not quite my goal)
- To post even more this month than in the last few months. I want to do 6 posts ( Nope only 4 posts in July, summer has been not as productive as I would hope)
- To continue working my way through Elite Blog Academy ( yes I did but not as much as I would have liked to)
- Improve my affiliate links and income I’m so excited that this is the focus of my blogging mastermind right now. I have so much that I need to learn. ( I worked on it)
My August Goals
- to post 6 or more blog posts this month. I have a huge list of blog post ideas but I need to get them written.
- I want to send out a reader survey. I like doing surveys to better understand my readers and what they want. It’s been a while since I did one so I need to get one out.
- To get my holiday evergreen content updated so it’s ready as the holidays approach. I’m already seeing traffic to my Christmas posts so I need to get this done.
BLOG LESSONS LEARNED THIS MONTH
I learned this month that I really struggle with blogging if I don’t have a routine going on. This is usually a struggle in summer because with my daughter out of school we don’t have a regular routine and I tend to not do well at regulating myself and my time.
This month though Isabella was gone most of the month staying with her grandparents. So I had even less of a routine. I just couldn’t seem to get much done.
Not only with blogging but in life, in general, it was hard to stay on top of things when there seemed to be no time frame to get things done. So I’m going to work hard on setting my own routines and schedules so that I can begin getting more done even when school is out and that part of my routine is gone.
The Best Books I’ve found on blogging that will help you take your blog to the next level:
- Blog, Inc.
- How To Blog For Profit Without Selling Your Soul
- The Essential Habits Of 6-Figure Bloggers: Secrets of 17 Successful Bloggers You Can Use to Build a Six-Figure Online Business
- One Hour Content Plan
- Affiliate Marketing for Bloggers
Grab a copy of my How to Boost your Pinterest Presence to help you learn Pinterest so that you can grow your blog traffic. This book will help you finally understand Pinterest. So you can start growing your blog on this amazing platform!
*If you have any questions about blogging or making money blogging feel free to leave me a comment or send me an email and I will do my best to get you an answer!