We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
The month of April was not as good as March for traffic or income but learning to make money and grow your blog is something I am committed to and am going to keep at even if some months aren’t as great. Sharing these reports help me to stay focused on growing and holds me accountability.
Why do I share these monthly reports? A couple reasons
- I have loved reading other bloggers reports and still do. I learn so much from them and hope to offer the same to other bloggers. I enjoy reading reports from bloggers bigger and smaller than me. I have learned a lot from bigger and smaller blogs.
- It holds me accountable to my blog and continuing to grow my business. Even on months like this month where my growth is smaller I still feel accountable to share
I didn’t make much in April but I still brought in about $100. I wasn’t as focused on my blog in April because of moving and being busy. So I had fully expected to have lower traffic and income for the month. My goal is to start working on making passive income so that during months that I am busy and not as focused on my blog that I can still make a decent income.
Sponsored posts: $0
sponsored social media: $25
affiliate income: $20
Total income: $95
This month I made the decision to switch from Boardbooster to Tailwind. I had some extra money saved up from past months so I went ahead and paid for a year at once. It was $119 but I did a lot of research and feel this is a good move for my blog. I also wanted to pay for a year in advance so I don’t have the monthly charge.
Convertkit $29 – A major area I am trying to grow and improve is my email list. I know that since creating my own products is something I want to do I need to have a larger list and I made the switch to Convertkit from Mailchimp at the beginning of the year. It is slowly growing and getting larger month to month. A big reason I use Convertkit is that it makes it really easy to run my free email courses. These courses are the main way I grow my email list so Convertkit is important for me to have.
Total Expenses: $59
I’m finally through with my payments for Elite Blog Academy – Check out how taking this course helped me start making money blogging. I’ve taken a lot of courses and this has been one of my favorites. Be sure to get on the waiting list for this course. It’s only available once a year but there are great freebies when you sign up.
My April Blog Traffic
What a difference a viral pin makes. My April traffic was half of the traffic I had in March. Being a blogger I have learned that there will be good months and not so good months. It’s just the way that it is. I find it more important to see how I am doing over time and I know that my traffic is higher this year than it was last year and that’s what is most important. That overall I am growing my traffic.
Although my traffic was down though my bounce rate and the length of time people spend on my page all improved from March to April. Which is important to me. I am always trying to learn how to improve as a blogger and make my blog better. I have some big goals and plans for May and with them, I’m hoping to see some growth in both my traffic and my income.
I have some big goals and plans for May and with them, I’m hoping to see some growth in both my traffic and my income. I’m working on a 14 day decluttering challenge that I think will be really great. As well as updating my free courses. Both my Pinterest course and my Productivity course.
What 3 things I’m working on to boost traffic and income
1 Keep working on improving my SEO, I am working through a course to help me improve what I know about SEO. I need more of my posts to show up in searches so new readers can find me.
2. I am writing more content and my plan is to get posts drafted and ready to post. I want to get ahead of my calendar so I can always have posts ready to go and be driving traffic to my blog.
3. To start focusing on my affiliate income over the next couple of months. I know I can make more money this way but I need to put the time and effort into doing things the right way.
To help you grow your own blogs and start making your own income I wanted to include some resources.
Amazing Books on blogging that will help you take your blog to the next level:
- Building A Framework ( check out more about this here.)
- Blog, Inc.
- How To Blog For Profit Without Selling Your Soul
- You are a Badass
Other posts you might like:
- How to Make Money Blogging
- More Ways to make money Blogging
- Should you do posts for free
- How I finally started making money blogging