We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Welcome to this month’s income and traffic report. I’m excited to take my blogging journey a lot further this year than I have before. August definitely was a slump for my blog and I dropped both in income and traffic. Which of course was disappointing. I also continued to learn a lot and am excited to start really applying myself to blogging.
- Pageviews: 58,682 down from 60263
- Sessions: 49,394 down from 50,302
- Users: 46,880 down from 46,968
- Pinterest Followers: was 102,333 now 103,527
- Posts Published: 4 the same as last month
August 2019 BLOG INCOME
Sponsored posts: $50
affiliate income: $40
My Products: $35
Total income: $550 (down from $1089)
Summer is over and with that, we are almost about to start Q4 which is a big deal if you are a blogger. Why because of Holiday traffic and the income bump that increases because of that traffic.
It’s also a really busy time of year and often I have a lot more sponsored content so I’m busy trying to get that done as well as my normal blogging tasks.
After a really slow August, I am looking forward to the busy season and of course, the income and traffic improvement will be a blessing after my traffic and income dropped in August.
Blogging is a journey and in that journey, there are highs and lows. Some months I don’t do as well as I had thought I would and some months exceed my goals.
It’s why I’m committed to sharing my not so good months as well as my good months because I want you to know that it’s possible to make money blogging. I don’t want you to feel like you should give up if you have months that don’t go as well as you would have liked. That blogging can be an up and down journey. It will take work and time but you can do it. I wasn’t sure if I would ever make money with my blog and I now am and you can do it too!
If you are a blogger I would love for you to check out my e-book Boost your Pinterest Presence. In this book, I walk you through how to use Pinterest to grow your blog and create pins that get shared. Once you get your copy I will also make sure to send you updated versions of the book as I make them. Pinterest is constantly changing and I am always learning new ways to use it.
If you are looking to start making money blogging here are ways to do just that. Earning money through blogging has been one of the best things that I have started doing.
Ivory mix: $12
Total Expenses: $103
Check out my resources page for all my favorite blogging and life recommended products and services.
MY BLOG GOALS
I use to set monthly goals and haven’t been as consistent with setting monthly goals and am going to start doing this and hopefully, this will help me start being more successful.
How my August Goals went
- post 6 or more blog posts this month. I have a huge list of blog post ideas but I need to get them written. ( O posted 6 so goal met)
- I want to send out a reader survey. I like doing surveys to better understand my readers and what they want. It’s been a while since I did one so I need to get one out. (not done yet)
- To get my holiday evergreen content updated so it’s ready as the holidays approach. I’m already seeing traffic to my Christmas posts so I need to get this done. ( I have done a couple of them)
My September Goals
- To work through EBA unit 8
- I want to get my stuff organized. I’m starting with my inbox and Canva. I know that I could be a better and more successful blogger if I was more organized.
- I need to send my survey out to my readers. I want this done as soon as I can.
- I want to create a new opt-in for my holiday posts.
BLOG LESSONS LEARNED THIS MONTH
This summer I realized that I enjoyed making a more steady income with 3 months of 1k in a row until August. This is getting me motivated though to step up my blogging and begin growing from a hobby blogger to a full-time blogger.
I’ve been blogging for a long time now and I need to stop playing it small and grow into being a blogger who makes a full-time income every month.
I recently reread You are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life which I read years ago and is one of the most motivating books I’ve read.
If you are a blogger and aren’t making money from it yet but want to be know that you can do it but you are going to have to work at it. You also need to educate yourself on blogging and learn how to make money blogging.
The Best Books I’ve found on blogging that will help you take your blog to the next level:
- Blog, Inc.
- How To Blog For Profit Without Selling Your Soul
- The Essential Habits Of 6-Figure Bloggers: Secrets of 17 Successful Bloggers You Can Use to Build a Six-Figure Online Business
- One Hour Content Plan
- Affiliate Marketing for Bloggers
Grab a copy of my How to Boost your Pinterest Presence to help you learn Pinterest so that you can grow your blog traffic. This book will help you finally understand Pinterest. So you can start growing your blog on this amazing platform!