I wanted to give you all the best blogging tips and advice that I could. To make this easier on you, I broke this post up into different categories of blogging. The first 6 blogging tips are my own personal pieces of advice that I believe in when it comes to blogging. Then I put 4 links to different articles about that topic to give you more information. I hope these 40 blogging tips will help you grow your blog and you learn useful information that will grow your blog.
1. one of the best ways to gain traffic to your site is by leaving comments on other blogs.
2. Don’t just leave oh this is a great post type of comments but read the post and leave good quality comments that get the reader and their followers to want to visit your site.
3. The key is to build connections with your readers and with other bloggers
4. Even though traffic from Pinterest is down overall it is still a great source of traffic for me. In my top 3 refers on a daily basis.
5. Participating in linkups. I host a weekly one on my blog with other bloggers and link up my post on other linkups throughout the week.
6. Try to pick your best post and link up early so your at the top. This increases your chance of being featured. Anytime I’ve had a post featured I get a bump in traffic which is nice.
Social Media Tips
1.make long pinnable images for Pinterest. They tend to stand out more and get pinned more frequently.
2. Use Instagram. if you don’t know how to use Instagram, here are some simple tips I have for you.
3. I have had a lot of success with joining Facebook groups about blogging. I’ve met so many bloggers and discovered great blogs this way.
4. respond,respond,respond. Regardless of the platform you need to answer questions and have conversations with your followers.
5. Joining Pinterest group boards also is a great idea to gain followers and get your pins seen by more people.
6. You get what you give when it comes to social media. So comment, like, repin, +1 other peoples work the more you give the more others will return the love.
10.Laura’s blog tips: Social Media
1. Write for your ideal reader and not for yourself. You want to attract the types of readers your looking for with your content.
2. If you don’t like writing it though it will come through in your post, so enjoy what you write about.
3. Use pictures in your post. If I don’t have a photo I will make an image in Canva, Your readers want something to look at.
4. Check you google analytics to see what your most viewed posts are. It may surprise you to see what your readers are really interested in reading and help you figure out what to write about next.
5. rework old content to update it and reshare it with your followers.
6. keep a notebook or document of ideas when they come to you. It will be helpful to turn to when you are stuck on what to post about
1. As I mentioned above I use Google analytics and you can learn so much from setting that up on your blog. It is so worth it to do and I learn so much having it.
2. Have a newsletter, I’m not great at mine but I’m slowly building a list and I like connecting to my readers through an email to them. I go through mail chimp because they are so simple to learn.
3. have consistency throughout your blog when it comes to blog colors and fonts. Keep it to just a couple different ones at most.
4. keep links to your most popular posts on your side bar, it will get people to visit other pages on your blog and lower your bounce rate.
5. Don’t disappear from your blog for long periods of time. Be there for your readers pretty consistently. Blog about the same number of times a week typically.
6.read blogs, blogging articles and books to learn all you can about blogging, do your research.