We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
It is Spring! That glorious time of year where the weather is hopefully neither too hot nor too cold. So What should you be doing to celebrate these few months of blissful weather before it’s summer? I have put together a list of a lot of family friendly ideas that you can do on your own, with your spouse or as a family.
All of these ideas are inexpensive, some are free and some cost hardly anything. There are a few that are a little more expensive but nothing is really priced very high. I wanted lots of fun activities to do this spring that you could do lots of them even if you don’t have a lot of extra money to spend.
1. Go for a walk, especially in nature.
2. visit and feed some ducks
3.go on a picnic. When the weather is nice it’s a great opportunity to go on a picnic and enjoy your meal outdoors.
4. Take a hike
5. Go to the park.
6. Go to the movies ( spring and summer are a great time to do this as there are so many movies coming to theaters, especially family friendly options. We like to go in the mornings so that we only have to pay matinee prices or we go to the discount theater which plays movies that have been out for awhile. The less we spend the more often we can go.
7. Blow some bubbles, especially good when you have little kids
8. Make a bird feeder. Here is a super easy one to make with kids. My daughter loves doing projects like this. Find the directions here.
9. Read books
10. Start a garden
11. Play board games. This is fun especially if you can get other family and friends to come over and join in on the fun.
12. Take a day trip to the Zoo.
13. go out for frozen yogurt.
14. Have a movie marathon one day.
15.Go and play miniature golf.
16. visit a farmer’s market.
17. Throw a barbecue for friends and family.
18. make a batch of cookies together.
19. Go somewhere you’ve never been before. It’s always fun to have an adventure now and then.
20. Make your own pizzas at home one night. Have a little pizza party.
21. Have a water balloon fight.
22. Watch a sunset
23. Go for a swim.
24. de-clutter your home
25. Make your own ice cream sundaes, with all kinds of fun toppings
26. Do a home project, like paint a wall or room.
27. visit a farm and see some baby animals.
28. go on a road trip
29. go fishing
30. Have a dance party. Put on some music and dance it out.
31. Press flowers. This was my daughter’s idea I asked her to think of something fun to do in spring. Directions on ways to do it here.
32. Play in the rain (here in California we could really use some rain to play in.)
33. Organize your closets
34. go to the beach
35. Make a scrapbook
36. get a manicure
37. find a place to do some volunteer work
38. go to a craft fair
39. fly a kite
40. make s’mores
41. Eat Watermelon
42. Have a sno-cone
43. go out for brunch
44. Make pancakes for breakfast
45. Play games outside
46. go and pick strawberries
47. Go flower picking and make a bouquet
48. make a lemonade stand
49. Sleep outside in a tent
50. get a bunch of inexpensive craft supplies and have a craft day. Here is an example of a project here.