We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
We are finally in October. It is my favorite month of the year. I’m excited that the weather will be cooler starting this month. September is still hot where I live but it cools off in October. I’m a fall girl.
My progress towards my goals was not very good in September. I don’t know why but I was really slacking and while I worked towards my goals they weren’t achieved. So even though I expect October to be a busy month I am planning to step things up this month and attack my goals with gusto. I’m going to work harder and focus more.
I’m also going to be more specific with my goals this month. I know that writing out S.M.A.R.T. goals can be beneficial and I need to get back to that, especially being more specific in my goal setting and not so vague.
Here were my Goals for September!
1 To make $1000 with my blog for the month. (Nope not even close. I’m working on my September report and it’s not close to my goal so far)
2. To hit my goal of 2000 email subscribers. (nope the list is still growing but I have a lot of work to do)
3. To get my categories on my blog straightened out. ( I did a lot of this but I’m not finished. I went from 1,000 uncategorized to about 500 so I did to this)
4. To write a lot more. ( I wrote more in September than I did all summer but I still have lots of started drafts so I need more there.
5. To make a video tutorial. (Nope)
Here are my Goals for October!
1.to hit my goal of making $1000 in blogging income
This is still the big goal for me to hit $1,000 in a month. I know I can achieve this if I put the effort into it. I know that affiliate income tends to go up as the holidays get closer so I’m going to focus on boosting my affiliate income in October.
2.to finish organizing all my blog categories
This shouldn’t take me too long to do and having it all organized will be nice. I had so many uncategorized posts that it was a large task to do. I also want to work on my landing pages for each category so you can find all my posts on certain topics in one place.
3. to write even more this month. Aiming for one epic post per week at minimum
I have my editorial calendar pretty full for October into November. I just need to make the time to write and not just keep moving posts forward that don’t get completed. I have plenty of post ideas I just need to write those posts.
4.to make a video tutorial
Being on camera, even if I just do screen sharing with my voice terrifies me. I know that there is a lot of power in doing video though so I need to get over my fears and just do it already.
5. To organize my photos on the computer
My pictures are such a mess. I make an effort to go through them every once and awhile but I don’t have a good system in place so they are very unorganized and I can never find what I want.
6. To get to at least 1500 email subscribers though 2,000 would be better
I’m going to keep working towards that goal of growing my email list. It’s slow and steady but I will get to where I want to be eventually.
What are your goals for October? Leave a comment and let me know.