I have been a big fan of reading blog traffic and income report posts from many of my favorite bloggers for a long time now. I find it really interesting and I learn a lot about how other bloggers go about making money from their blogs.
This post may contain affiliate links. To learn more about them please visit my disclosures page.
I am glad that I started doing these blog income and traffic report posts the last few months. I like having posts to check back on to see where I was and how I’m doing now. As I’m doing them longer than I will really be able to compare traffic and income patterns through different seasons and times of the year.
October Income: October’s income was basically the same as September which is lower than I would like it to be. I did earn a little through Amazon as an affiliate. I think people are starting to shop for the holidays and with my Men’s and Women’s Socking guides doing well I hope to see even more affiliate sales in the months ahead.
I also am already doing a couple sponsored posts for November and am really trying to apply for a lot more. The Holiday’s are a great time to boost my income. I am picky with what products I will do posts for. I want to make sure I would actually buy or recommend a product before I agree to do a post. I also want it to fit in naturally with the type of content I normally write about.
Sponsored posts: $130
sponsored social media: $75
affiliate income: $20
Total income: $239
Boardbooster: $30- I spend a lot here because Pinterest accounts for at least ⅔ of my monthly traffic. I’m working towards growing my traffic more evenly across other channels. Since so much of my traffic is through Pinterest. Spending this on Boardbooster is a must.
If you are looking to really grow your traffic with Pinterest than I would check out Boardbooster and begin using it. There is a free trial and plans as low as $5 a month.
Convertkit $29 – A major area I am trying to grow and improve is my email list. I know that since creating my own products is something I want to do I need to have a larger list and I made the switch to Convertkit from Mailchimp at the beginning of the year. It is slowly growing and getting bigger month to month.
Elite Blog Academy $49- I am still making monthly payments for Elite Blog Academy. At some point, I plan to write up a post a review of this great course. I’ve taken a lot of courses and this has been one of my favorites.
Total Expenses: $108
My October Blog Traffic
October ended up being a good month for traffic. I finally got my traffic back up. and increased my pageviews by over 45% from September which I am thrilled about. This increase in traffic will help me have an easier time getting sponsored posts and growing my email list.
What 3 things I’m working on to boost traffic and income
1 I am working on learning how to better use SEO. I really want to increase my traffic through search engines and not need to depend on Pinterest for as much of my traffic.
2. I am working hard on growing my email list and building more of a relationship with my list. I know that this will help me not only grow my traffic but when I am ready to start selling products I will have a good list of potential customers. Sign up for my newsletter if you haven’t already. I would love you to join up.
3. To spend time reaching out to other bloggers to do a few guest posts in November and December. It’s always something I plan to do but never get around do. This month I’m going to make a bigger effort to get it done. It would be helpful to introduce my blog to some new readers.
To help you grow your own blogs and start making your own income I wanted to include some resources. These will hopefully help you to grow your own blogs so that I can read your blog traffic and income report posts one day.
Books on blogging to help you take your blog to the next level:
- Building A Framework (check out more about one of my favorite blogging resource book here.)
- Blog, Inc.
- Big Magic
- How To Blog For Profit Without Selling Your Soul
- Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hook
- You are a Badass (I just read this and it is awesome! So motivational and inspiring)
Other posts you might like: