We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Last Updated on June 28, 2019 by karissa ancell
So I thought I’d share with you all ten things you don’t know about me more along the lines of my background and why I’m so interested in blogging and with working with bloggers and businesses.
1. My family is made up of entrepreneurs. My dad owns a car and tire repair business, my mom is a florist. My grandma on my dad side use to own a clothing store, my grandpa owned multiple businesses. My other grandparents own a gem and jewelry business. I’ve been surrounded by people owning their own businesses since birth.
2. My first job was actually in one of my grandpas gas station/ mini marts. Being family I got to see how things were run more so than the average employee. I’ve worked for my mom as well.
3. I want to have my own business but prefer to do so online because I have seen so many negative situations with my family and employees. Including one employee who stole thousands from my grandfather’s business.
4. I am the oldest of three daughters and think that being an oldest child makes me tend to be a bit bossy and strong willed at times. Which was annoying for my sisters I’m sure but I think has and will continue to serve me well in running a business.
5. I see the world as black and white good and bad which means that I will almost always do the right thing. I can’t handle the guilt of being mean or bad.
6. I love blogs! Not just running my own but reading other blogs. I love when people sponsor me so that I get to know them better and can do my part to help them grow. I just love this blogging community I’m a part of.
7. I love learning. I really liked school growing up and liked learning new things and as an adult it is fun to teach myself new things and learn stuff through courses and books.
8. I feel that by going through so much hard things in my 20’s it has left me so ready to take on life in my 30’s. I’ve been 30 for less than a month. I want to kill it in my 30’s and be the best I can possibly be! I want to help you be the best as well. Through doing blog posts you care about, one on one mentoring, answering your questions and more!
9. The people closest to me are my family. I have friends and people I care about but after going through things, I really became much more defendant on my family for my support network. I’m luck to come from a pretty large family and that so many of them live close by.
10. My grandpa died 2.5 years ago and more than anything I want to make him proud. I had just started blogging before he passed away. He knew about my blog but I so wish that I could share how much progress I’m making with him. He keeps me motivated to grow this into something amazing that I can know he would be proud of.