We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Last Updated on June 27, 2019 by karissa ancell
This social media 31 day challenge became too much this past week. I am still aiming to hit 20 of 31 days. I think that I will never be completely perfect with social media or know everything but that is ok. As with most areas of my life I’m a work in progress. and I keep learning and growing with what I know about social media and how to be a better blogger and entrepreneur with what I know. This post will show you the 10 ways to master Social media that I have found to be the most helpful.
I have probably mentioned some of these tips in other posts but they are what work best for me. So if I’ve mentioned them before know that it probably means that is a tip I use often. I am still working on improving myself in many of these areas. I have learned what works but am still getting systems in place so I can be more consistent and do things better.
1. Make sure your followers can find you. Have your social media buttons at the top of your blog. That way new blog readers can find you easily. Also I like to occasionally (that’s key her only occasionally) ask my blog readers to follow me on a platform. I will put a link to Bloglovin or Pinterest at the top or bottom of a post and ask them to follow me. As long as you don’t over do this, it seems to work fine.
2. Add value, add value, add value! So important it needs to be said three times. If you want more interaction, more followers and more love and shares you need to be willing to give. That means giving your followers on any platform things of value.
3. Brand yourself across social media. You want people to start recognizing you when they hop on the internet. The best way to do that is to have consistent branding. Use the same colors and fonts on everything so you are easily recognized.
4. Make sure you Interact with your followers. Remember this is called social media for a reason. You need to be social. That means getting to know and acknowledging your followers. Ask them questions, respond to comments. This will lead to more loyal and interactive followings.
5. Join Twitter chats. This is a great way to learn a lot and get good information. It’s also really helpful for finding other Twitter users in your niche and who blog about or are interested in your topic.
6. Promote others on Social Media and share their stuff. Make a name for yourself in your field by promoting and sharing other great posts and experts. Your followers will come to trust you as a resource for good information. This is true for all fields. If your a food blog you share good recipes. A mom blogger you share great parenting tips, etc.
7. You don’t have to be on every platform! You need to remember this. There are so many platforms now and you don’t have the hours in the day to blog or run a business and be 100 % on tons of platforms. Don’t feel bad about this. We all can’t do it. I automate my posts to go on some platforms and then occasionally post on them. I try to only spend time on a couple. Figure out where you like being and where your target audience is and be in those places.
8. Don’t make it all about you and your blog! I’ve mentioned before that I think it’s important to have a 70/30 split of information on your social media. Meaning that out of everything you post in a platform you try and make 70% of what you share other peoples stuff and 30% your own.
9. Don’t be caught up in the numbers! I know we all like to see those numbers go up, up, up but it’s important not to become to focused on those numbers. One because your numbers will fluctuate. Some days you’ll gain followers and views and other days you will lose them. There might not really be a reason why, it just happens. Focus on creating relationships and good quality content and your stats will go up. Remember even the superstars and pros at blogging and social media started at zero too and had to grow.
10. But do be aware of your stats! I do think it is important to be aware and track your numbers. Once a month I look at how many followers I have on all the platforms. That way I am aware of what areas I’m doing well in and where I need to focus. I also use Google analytics to watch my blog’s page views and users. Also I track what posts are doing well and where I get traffic from.
So there you go 10 ways to master social media. I hope these 10 posts and the rest of the series has been helpful. Any social media questions? Leave me a comment. Also if you have a few minutes I’d love for you to answer my quick reader survey.