We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Last Updated on May 24, 2020 by karissa ancell
I write a lot about my life. I’m an open person. I try to keep the other people in my life private for the most part because they aren’t bloggers but I am and for me, sharing pieces of myself with my readers comes naturally due to the fact that I’m not ashamed or really very embarrassed by who I am or what I’ve done in my life. So here are 24 facts about me that I’m going to share with you.
1. I bought my wedding dress before I was actually engaged. I’m going to share my wedding dress shopping story in the near future but it was bought before I had a ring.
2. The worst part of my disability is that I can’t wear flip flops or sandals. Maybe not the worst part but it’s really high on the list. I have to wear a brace on my ankle and calf and need tennis shoes to support it. I’m a California girl. I lived in sandals before this.
3. My parents got a puppy before I was born and because they both had limited experience with babies, they practiced putting diapers on her. She was an awesome dog and lived till I was 16. They got her at a swap meet so they named her Bargain because she was a bargain.
4. I started dating my husband when I was 14, because of that I made him wait two years before I would sleep with him. If I was older it probably wouldn’t have been that long, luckily he was patient enough to wait.
5. My favorite dessert of all time are eclairs. The best one I ever had was in New York City. I’d go back just to find it again.
6. I am a chapstick Junkie. There will never be enough. I just need more.
7. The other day I told my mom she did me a disservice by marrying such a white man. My husband is part Italian and part Argentinian and our daughter and him tan so easily and I stay so white. I need some better skin pigment.
8. My daughter’s gender was a delivery room surprise. We found out gender when she was born. It didn’t bother me at all but it drove other people crazy.
9. I have no skill when it comes to cooking. I keep it really simple and since my husband works nights and it’s just me and a 7 year old we like it that way.
10. Like an idiot I got married in So. Cal in July in the middle of the day. It was so F’ing hot. At one point my mom took me inside to fan me off put a cool cloth on me because she was afraid I was going to pass out. Lucky for me I didn’t.
11. I can’t drink alcohol. I never really did before but now my seizure meds make it dangerous plus they recommend if you have serious brain trauma not to drink.
12. Being pregnant and labor were a million times easier than the first year of motherhood. Colic and reflux are no joke. I never slept and all she did was cry.
13. In 6 weeks I will have been married for 10 years, how did that happen?
14. I have major needle phobia. I wouldn’t even get an epidural in labor because I was so scared.
15. When I was in junior high I decided to stop eating red meat. No real reason just did. Still only eat Turkey and chicken.
16. I don’t have any tattoos but I expect that someday I might.
17. I love Young Adult books. I probably always will and there is no shame in that.
18. The first time I went on a plane I was 18. We drove a lot for family vacations so I had never flown anywhere.
19. I was born in the same hospital as my daughter. Next kid won’t be, because I will be considered high risk and need a different hospital.
20. I’m on a meal plan to lose weight and it’s going good but I miss carbs, especially pasta. Losing weight is awesome but I miss them.
21. I’m so excited about turning 30 in October. I got married at 19 had a kid by 22 so I kinda never felt in my 20’s so I’m excited to experience my 30’s.
22. I have no sense of fashion. I wear what fits and what is comfortable. As I get in better shape I am going to try to figure out what looks good on me and be more fashionable.
23. My birthday is on the 24th of October so 24 is my favorite number so I got married on July 24th.
24. Other than two months when I moved into my first apartment I have always had pets. I love pets. We have a bunch and at some point will get more.
My daughter and her cat. He’s like her baby