We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Last Updated on June 2, 2020 by karissa ancell
I’m excited to take my blogging journey a lot further this year than I have before. February was a bit of a slow month but I learned a lot and am excited to start really applying myself to blogging.
- Pageviews: 28,855 up from 24,750
- Sessions: 24,656 up from 21,532
- Users: 23,067, up from 20,295
- Pinterest Followers: starting number 97,229
- Posts Published: 4 ( my goal was to publish more and I doubled from 2 posts in February)
My second blog karissaancell.com I want to start tracking these stats as well. So that you can see the difference between my more established blog and my newer blog that I’m trying to get going.
- Pageviews: 299 up from 158
- Sessions: 206 up from 123
- Users: 163 up from 98
- Posts Published: 3 ( didn’t quite hit my goal of one a week)
MY February 2019 BLOG INCOME
Sponsored posts: $75
affiliate income: $52
My Products: $60
Total income: $552 (up from $500)
Blogging is a journey and in that journey, there are highs and lows. This past month was not great traffic or income wise but that’s ok because I know that better months are ahead.
It’s why I’m committed to sharing my not so good months as well as my good months because I want you to know that it’s possible to make money blogging. I don’t want you to feel like you should give up if you have months that don’t go as well as you would have liked. That blogging can be an up and down journey. It will take work and time but you can do it. I wasn’t sure if I would ever make money with my blog and I now am and you can do it too!
If you are a blogger I would love for you to check out my e-book Boost your Pinterest Presence. In this book, I walk you through how to use Pinterest to grow your blog and create pins that get shared. Once you get your copy I will also make sure to send you updated versions of the book as I make them. Pinterest is constantly changing and I am always learning new ways to use it.
If you are looking to start making money blogging here are ways to do just that. Earning money through blogging has been one of the best things that I have started doing.
Ivory mix: $12
Total Expenses: $103
MY BLOG GOALS
I use to set monthly goals and haven’t been as consistent with setting monthly goals and am going to start doing this and hopefully, this will help me start being more successful.
My March Goals
- Start posting at least once a week on each of my blogs ( I was much better at posting new content in March)
- Create and promote more freebies to build my mailing list I created a new one for one blog and updated one for the other blog)
- Keep working my way through Elite Blog Academy ( I finished Unit 3 and am just starting Unit 4)
- Send out weekly newsletters ( I sent out weekly newsletters)
My April Goals
- To grow my email list by 300 people. This would be huge growth for me but I think it’s important to set a big goal and try my hardest to achieve it. So if you haven’t joined my list yet please do so here! Thanks!
- To post even more this month than in March. My goal is 6 posts here on A Fresh Start on a Budget and 4 posts over on Karissaancell.com
- To continue working my way through Elite Blog Academy
- Improve my affiliate links and income
BLOG LESSONS LEARNED THIS MONTH
That it is time for me to really step up my game when it comes to my blogs. I have been doing alright with A Fresh Start for a while and then my other blog is so new. So I wasn’t really paying attention to the fact that I wasn’t putting in the time and effort into blogging that I should be.
I have been really hard at work going through EBA and that has got me back in the blogging mindset and focused on growing my blogs. It’s really important to me to not only continue blogging but to become more successful and better at it.
So here is to making more time for blogging and putting more effort into learning and more importantly putting what I learn in to practice this month.
Blogging is something that I really enjoy doing and that’s why I continue to do it. Even though my income is not very significant yet. It’s important to me, to be honest, and transparent with you about how my blogging journey is going. Both the good times and the highs and the rough times and low points.
The Best Books I’ve found on blogging that will help you take your blog to the next level:
- Blog, Inc.
- How To Blog For Profit Without Selling Your Soul
- The Essential Habits Of 6-Figure Bloggers: Secrets of 17 Successful Bloggers You Can Use to Build a Six-Figure Online Business
- One Hour Content Plan
- Affiliate Marketing for Bloggers
Grab a copy of my How to Boost your Pinterest Presence to help you learn Pinterest so that you can grow your blog traffic. This book will help you finally understand Pinterest. So you can start growing your blog on this amazing platform!