We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Last Updated on May 24, 2020 by karissa ancell
This year I decided to do something different with my monthly goals post and my income and blog traffic reports. I was feeling like these two posts each month were feeling pretty stale and I wasn’t excited to write them as much. At the same time, I love setting monthly goals and find it helpful to share my reports and goals each month.
It was just time to shake things up and make these posts more fun and interesting to write so that they are more enjoyable for you to read. So I began combining the two posts in a way. Sharing not only how my blog had done in the month prior but what I was hoping to accomplish in the current month.
Blogging has been such a positive experience for me. Even after doing it for years I still enjoy it and love the lessons I’ve learned from it and the people I’ve met. It’s also so amazing to be able to earn some extra money doing something I enjoy while at home. If you are looking to begin Making Money blogging here is what helped me have a major breakthrough and begin earning money on my blog and I know it can help you too.
Why do I share my blog income report each month? I have a few reasons
- I have loved reading other bloggers reports and still do. I learn so much from them and hope to offer the same to other bloggers. I enjoy reading reports from bloggers bigger and smaller than me. I have learned a lot from bigger and smaller blogs.
- It holds me accountable to my blog and continuing to grow my business. Even on months where my growth is smaller I still feel accountable to share
- I also want to show that even as a long time blogger I am just starting to learn to grow my income. This way I can share this journey of blog growth and my making money from the early stages.
March’s blog Income report:
I’m pleased that my income for March was as high as it was. My goal in 2018 is to grow my blog traffic and income significantly this year. So far I feel like this year is going well with my blog. My traffic and income are both higher this year than they were in 2017 and I am continuing to learn how to grow both of them.
If you are a blogger I would love for you to check out my new e-book Boost your Pinterest Presence. In this book, I walk you through how to use Pinterest to grow your blog and create pins that get shared. Once you get your copy I will also make sure to send you any updated versions of the book as I make them. Pinterest is constantly changing and I am always learning new ways to use it.
Sponsored posts: $100
affiliate income: $65
My Products: $50
Total income: $745
Convertkit $29 This is the email subscriber that I use to send my newsletter and grow my list. When I was first blogging I used Mailchimp but as my blog and list grew I needed a provider that could do more. With Convertkit I can separate and tag my list as well as send out my FREE challenges.
Ivory mix: $12- this is the best price I’ve found for good photos. I use these images in blog posts, landing and sales pages, social media and more)
Blogger’s Guide to Membership Site -$20- This is a great membership site. I’m a big fan of Terra from Uncork your Dork so when she put together a membership site with all her challenges and pieces of training I knew I wanted to check it out. I’ve done a few of the pieces of training in the membership site and next I want to go through the SEO training. There is so much valuable information in this membership that the monthly cost is worth it because I need to keep learning to grow my traffic and income.
$0 Tailwind I pay for this annually. Tailwind is the scheduler I use when I do all my pinning on Pinterest. It’s my favorite scheduler I use for myself and cover a lot of why I love it and how to use it in my ebook.
Instapage– $39 I use Instapage to make all my landing pages for my products and courses. It is simple to use and can make great pages even for someone like me who is design and tech challenged.
Total Expenses: $100
Now that I’ve been doing income reports for more than a year! Which is crazy it feels like I just started sharing them I want to see how I’m growing.
My Blog Traffic in March
My blog traffic was up in March from what it was the last few months. I tend to see an increase in traffic in the spring. I have quite a few spring and summer related posts as well as posts for the holidays during those seasons. I hope that I continue to grow my traffic as well as continue to build my email list. Growing my list is one of my major focuses right now.
What worked for my blog in March
1. I continued to work on and share the 5-day FREE organization challenge that I launched in February. It is a short challenge to help get you organized which is perfect for spring and summer. If you are looking for the organized life you crave sign up for it right here
2. Updating a lot of content. In March I made sure to update a lot of my spring and summer posts. These posts are getting viewed more so I wanted to make sure they were the best they could be. This is something I try to do often so that my content is shareable and can continue to help me grow my blog. No one is going to share outdated posts.
3. I stopped using Smarterque to schedule my social media. I just wasn’t seeing enough ROI to continue to spend money on it monthly. ROI is the return on Investment. Meaning are you earning enough to continue spending your time or money on something?
Such as I use Convertkit and spend money on that but I know that my email list drives traffic to my blog and my list brings in income. So the investment of Convertkit is one I know I’m seeing a return on. As a blogger, it is important to continually evaluate what you are spending your time and money on.
What didn’t work for my blog in March
Finishing my Spring Cleaning Series: While I did finish my email challenge on organization and begin my spring cleaning challenge there were many other content projects that did not get done in February. It was a difficult month personally and I didn’t get as much blogging done as I would have wanted to.
growing my facebook group: I started my Facebook Group for busy moms who need support and advice. I need to work on growing my group and engaging my members more than I did in February.
Here are my top blog goals and priorities for April 2018
- I am so excited for Make Over Your Mornings Live with Crystal Paine from Money Saving Mom. I loved taking her blog coaching and am excited for the opportunity to begin gtting the mosst out of my mornings so that I can become more productive and accomplish my goals and achieve more.
- to start running my blog more professionally. Sticking to more structured blogging hours and a schedule. I think I would see more growth in my blog if I was more structured and organized.
- My big goal for 2018 is to get my email list to over 5,000 and right now I’m at about 1,000. So I’m going to begin putting a lot of focus on my list. Both in growing my ist and nurturing it with consistent newsletters.
To help you grow your own blogs and start making your own income I wanted to include some resources. The best way to grow your blog is to be constantly willing to learn through reading and growing your knowledge.
The Best Books I’ve found on blogging that will help you take your blog to the next level:
- Building A Framework ( check out more about this here.)
- Blog, Inc.
- How To Blog For Profit Without Selling Your Soul
- You are a Badass
Other posts you might like:
- How to Make Money Blogging
- More Ways to make money Blogging
- Should you do posts for free
- How I finally started making money blogging
Grab a copy of my new book to help you learn Pinterest to grow your blog traffic. This book will help you finally understand Pinterest and start growing your blog on this amazing platform!