We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Last Updated on June 2, 2020 by karissa ancell
I’m excited to take my blogging journey a lot further this year than I have before. May was a good month on my blog and I’m happy with how it did. I also learned a lot and am excited to start really applying myself to blogging. This blog income report shows that when I apply myself more than it pays off.
- Pageviews: 66,957 up from 33,675
- Sessions: 56,839 up from 28,123
- Users: 54,305 up from 26,501
- Pinterest Followers: was 98,850 now 100,436
- Posts Published: 5 the same as April
April 2019 BLOG INCOME
Sponsored posts: $60
affiliate income: $65
My Products: $50
Total income: $1059 (up from $538)
This has been the best traffic and blogging income that I have had in a while. I’ve put in a lot more effort and time and I can see it paying off. So if you are struggling to grow and things are slow with your blog to remember it can get better.
Blogging is a journey and in that journey, there are highs and lows. This past month was not great traffic or income wise but that’s ok because I know that better months are ahead.
It’s why I’m committed to sharing my not so good months as well as my good months because I want you to know that it’s possible to make money blogging. I don’t want you to feel like you should give up if you have months that don’t go as well as you would have liked. That blogging can be an up and down journey. It will take work and time but you can do it. I wasn’t sure if I would ever make money with my blog and I now am and you can do it too!
If you are a blogger I would love for you to check out my e-book Boost your Pinterest Presence. In this book, I walk you through how to use Pinterest to grow your blog and create pins that get shared. Once you get your copy I will also make sure to send you updated versions of the book as I make them. Pinterest is constantly changing and I am always learning new ways to use it.
If you are looking to start making money blogging here are ways to do just that. Earning money through blogging has been one of the best things that I have started doing.
Ivory mix: $12
Total Expenses: $103
MY BLOG GOALS
I use to set monthly goals and haven’t been as consistent with setting monthly goals and am going to start doing this and hopefully, this will help me start being more successful.
My June Goals
- To grow my email list by 300 people. This would be huge growth for me but I think it’s important to set a big goal and try my hardest to achieve it. So if you haven’t joined my list yet please do so here! Thanks!
- To post even more this month than in April. My goal is 6 posts here
- To continue working my way through Elite Blog Academy
- Improve my affiliate links and income I’m so excited that this is the focus of my blogging mastermind right now. I have so much that I need to learn.
BLOG LESSONS LEARNED THIS MONTH
That sometimes you need to reevaluate what you are doing. I came to the realization last month that I was spreading myself a little thin and since I’m not at the point with my blog yet to hire someone that meant evaluating how I spend my time.
I realized that there were things that I want and need to do to take my blog to the next level but that I kept pushing them to next week or next month. Which wasn’t helping me grow.
So after some thought, I decided to not work on growing my second blog for the time being. I still have it and my hope is to get back to it at some point. This blog here is where I am growing though so I need to put my time and energy into making it more successful.
The Best Books I’ve found on blogging that will help you take your blog to the next level:
- Blog, Inc.
- How To Blog For Profit Without Selling Your Soul
- The Essential Habits Of 6-Figure Bloggers: Secrets of 17 Successful Bloggers You Can Use to Build a Six-Figure Online Business
- One Hour Content Plan
- Affiliate Marketing for Bloggers
Grab a copy of my How to Boost your Pinterest Presence to help you learn Pinterest so that you can grow your blog traffic. This book will help you finally understand Pinterest. So you can start growing your blog on this amazing platform!