We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Last Updated on June 2, 2020 by karissa ancell
I’m excited to take my blogging journey a lot further this year than I have before. April was a pretty good month on my main blog and a little slow on my new blog but I learned a lot and am excited to start really applying myself to blogging.
- Pageviews: 33,675 up from 28,855
- Sessions: 28,123 up from 24,656
- Users: 26,501 up from 23,067
- Pinterest Followers: starting number 97,229 now 98,850
- Posts Published: 5 up from 4 in March
My second blog karissaancell.com I want to start tracking these stats as well. So that you can see the difference between my more established blog and my newer blog that I’m trying to get going.
- Pageviews: 203 down from 299
- Sessions: 133 down from 206
- Users: 107 down from 163
- Posts Published: 3 ( didn’t quite hit my goal of one a week)
April 2019 BLOG INCOME
Sponsored posts: $50
affiliate income: $45
My Products: $40
Total income: $538 (down from $552)
Blogging is a journey and in that journey, there are highs and lows. This past month was not great traffic or income wise but that’s ok because I know that better months are ahead.
It’s why I’m committed to sharing my not so good months as well as my good months because I want you to know that it’s possible to make money blogging. I don’t want you to feel like you should give up if you have months that don’t go as well as you would have liked. That blogging can be an up and down journey. It will take work and time but you can do it. I wasn’t sure if I would ever make money with my blog and I now am and you can do it too!
If you are a blogger I would love for you to check out my e-book Boost your Pinterest Presence. In this book, I walk you through how to use Pinterest to grow your blog and create pins that get shared. Once you get your copy I will also make sure to send you updated versions of the book as I make them. Pinterest is constantly changing and I am always learning new ways to use it.
If you are looking to start making money blogging here are ways to do just that. Earning money through blogging has been one of the best things that I have started doing.
Ivory mix: $12
Total Expenses: $103
MY BLOG GOALS
I use to set monthly goals and haven’t been as consistent with setting monthly goals and am going to start doing this and hopefully, this will help me start being more successful.
My April Goals
- To grow my email list by 300 people. This would be a huge growth for me but I think it’s important to set a big goal and try my hardest to achieve it. So if you haven’t joined my list yet please do so here! Thanks! (this did not happen though I went up a bit. I’m really working on focusing on my email list more in May)
- To post even more this month than in March. My goal is 6 posts here on A Fresh Start on a Budget and 4 posts over on Karissaancell.com ( Did not write as many posts as I had hoped to)
- To continue working my way through Elite Blog Academy (I’ve started unit 5 and hope to finish this unit in May)
- Improve my affiliate links and income ( I worked on this a little)
My May Goals
- Work on and complete unit 5 of EBA which is focused on email list. So I’m hoping to see some growth and more engagement with my list.
- to create a blog hop in June for Back to school content. If you are interested in being a part of the hop send me an email to [email protected]
- to put together a how to start a blog post on my blogging blog for new bloggers to get walked through the process of starting a blog
BLOG LESSONS LEARNED THIS MONTH
I was reminded again how important having seasonal content can be for your blog. If you are a blogger I seriously recommend that you write some content around the seasons or holidays.
the great part about seasonal content is that the next year and the years after those posts will be found again and give you traffic to posts that you wrote years past. I got a lot of traffic to Easter posts and a Mother’s Day post in April.
It is important to go back and update these posts though. Make sure your SEO is good, that the links work and create new images to pin and share. So I’m going to spend time in May making sure summer posts and back to school content that I have on my blog.
When you’ve been blogging for years like I have you build up a lot of content so driving traffic to old posts means your traffic can grow and you don’t have to create as much new content.
The Best Books I’ve found on blogging that will help you take your blog to the next level:
- Blog, Inc.
- How To Blog For Profit Without Selling Your Soul
- The Essential Habits Of 6-Figure Bloggers: Secrets of 17 Successful Bloggers You Can Use to Build a Six-Figure Online Business
- One Hour Content Plan
- Affiliate Marketing for Bloggers
Grab a copy of my How to Boost your Pinterest Presence to help you learn Pinterest so that you can grow your blog traffic. This book will help you finally understand Pinterest. So you can start growing your blog on this amazing platform!