We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Welcome to this month’s income and traffic report. We are at the end of the year and it’s almost time for thinking ahead to what I want to accomplish in 2020.
I’m excited to take my blogging journey a lot further next year than I have before. November was a pretty good month. Which of course is a blessing but I know that there will be good and bad months as a blogger.
That’s part of the process though and something I’m working more on. I also continued to learn a lot and am excited to start really applying new things when it comes to blogging.
- Pageviews: 23.996 down from33,543
- Sessions: 27,295 down from 28,732
- Users: 20,235 down from 27,183
- Pinterest Followers: was 107,255 now 107,910
- Posts Published: 9 up from 5 last month
BLOG INCOME report December 2019
Sponsored posts: $0
affiliate income: $558
My Products: $35
Total income: $1710 (up from $1046)
This was my highest income month since I began blogging. I’m very excited about that and hope it means good things are coming for my blog in 2020.
Being able to join Mediavine is such a great step in making money as a blogger. My ads are the majority of my income and my goal is to diversify that more in the coming year.
Like many bloggers, my affiliate income is pretty good in November and December and lower the rest of the year. Growing that affiliate income year-round is one of my main goals.
I’m expecting my income to go down a lot in January and then rebound in the spring. That’s been the cycle for my blog the last few years.
It’s why I’m committed to sharing my not so good months as well as my good months because I want you to know that it’s possible to make money blogging. I don’t want you to feel like you should give up if you have months that don’t go as well as you would have liked. That blogging can be an up and down journey. It will take work and time but you can do it. I wasn’t sure if I would ever make money with my blog and I now am and you can do it too!
If you are a blogger I would love for you to check out my e-book Boost your Pinterest Presence. In this book, I walk you through how to use Pinterest to grow your blog and create pins that get shared. Once you get your copy I will also make sure to send you updated versions of the book as I make them. Pinterest is constantly changing and I am always learning new ways to use it.
If you are looking to start making money blogging here are ways to do just that. Earning money through blogging has been one of the best things that I have started doing.
Ivory mix: $12
Total Expenses: $180
Check out my resources page for all my favorite blogging and life recommended products and services.
MY BLOG GOALS
I use to set monthly goals and haven’t been as consistent with setting monthly goals and am going to start doing this and hopefully, this will help me start being more successful.
How my December Goals went
- To get my simplify your life ebook done and out at some point ( this I’m putting on hold for a bit because I have other things I’m working on now)
- I’m trying to get more content out so I’m aiming for at least 6 posts this month ( I published 9 posts which was better than I had planned on)
- Keep promoting and driving traffic to my gift guides for those shopping for the Holidays (this went well and my gift guides got a lot of traffic)
- spend time working on my blogging education (not enough but I worked on this some)
My January Goals
- to complete my whole 31-day new year challenge by posting every day all month
- Work more on EBA and get further through the course.
- start looking into guest posting on bigger sites to gain exposure.
BLOG LESSONS LEARNED THIS MONTH
This month’s lesson is about making changes to keep your blog fresh. You not only want to create consistent content but be willing to try new things to freshen up your blog.
That’s why I wanted to plan something new for the blog to start out 2020. To produce some new content and commit myself to create a post a day every day in January.
That’s a lot of new content but I knew that my blog could use some new content and a post a day would really push me to post even when I didn’t want to.
So I prepared for January by brainstorming the topics I would write about and what I would post about each day. I knew it was important to do some prep work and planning if I was to be successful with the challenge.
I’m in the challenge now and although it hasn’t brought me a boost in traffic so far I know that some posts may get picked up and become more popular as time goes by. Be aware as a blogger that posts don’t go viral overnight sometimes it happens right away and sometimes it takes a while to catch on and become popular.
The Best Books I’ve found on blogging that will help you take your blog to the next level:
- Blog, Inc.
- How To Blog For Profit Without Selling Your Soul
- The Essential Habits Of 6-Figure Bloggers: Secrets of 17 Successful Bloggers You Can Use to Build a Six-Figure Online Business
- One Hour Content Plan
- Affiliate Marketing for Bloggers
Grab a copy of my How to Boost your Pinterest Presence to help you learn Pinterest so that you can grow your blog traffic. This book will help you finally understand Pinterest. So you can start growing your blog on this amazing platform!