We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Recently I decided to do something different with my monthly goals post and my income and blog traffic reports. I was feeling like these two posts each month were feeling pretty stale and I wasn’t excited to write them as much. At the same time, I love setting monthly goals and find it helpful to share my reports and goals each month. Check out my latest blog traffic and income report February 2018.
It was just time to shake things up and make these posts more fun and interesting to write so that they are more enjoyable for you to read. I can’t believe that we are now in December and 2017 is almost finished.
Blogging has been such a positive experience for me. Even after doing it for years I still enjoy it and love the lessons I’ve learned from it and the people I’ve met. It’s also so amazing to be able to earn some extra money doing something I enjoy while at home. If you are looking to begin Making Money blogging here is what helped me have a major breakthrough and begin earning money with my blog and I know it can help you too.
Why do I share these monthly reports? I have a few reasons
- I have loved reading other bloggers reports and still do. I learn so much from them and hope to offer the same to other bloggers. I enjoy reading reports from bloggers bigger and smaller than me. I have learned a lot from bigger and smaller blogs.
- It holds me accountable to my blog and continuing to grow my business. Even on months where my growth is smaller I still feel accountable to share
- I also want to show that even as a long time blogger I am just starting to learn to grow my income. This way I can share this journey of blog growth and my making money from the early stages.
I’m pleased that my income for February was as high as it was. My goal in 2018 is to grow my blog traffic and income significantly this year. So far I feel like this year is going well with my blog.
If you are a blogger I would love for you to check out my new e-book Boost your Pinterest Presence. In this book, I walk you through how to use Pinterest to grow your blog and create pins that get shared.
Sponsored posts: $250
affiliate income: $52
My Products: $30
Total income: $782
Ivory mix: $10- this is the best price I’ve found for good photos. I use these images in blog posts, landing and sales pages, social media and more)
Blogger’s Guide to Membership Site -$20- This is a great membership site. I’m a big fan of Terra from Uncork your Dork so when she put together a membership site with all her challenges and pieces of training I knew I wanted to check it out. I’ve done a few of the pieces of training in the membership site and next I want to go through the SEO training. There is so much valuable information in this membership that the monthly cost is worth it because I need to keep learning to grow my traffic and income.
$0 Tailwind I pay for this annually. Tailwind is the scheduler I use when I do all my pinning on Pinterest. It’s my favorite scheduler I use for myself and cover a lot of why I love it and how to use it in my ebook.
Total Expenses: $79
Now that I’ve been doing income reports for more than a year! Which is crazy it feels like I just started sharing them I want to see how I’m growing.
January 2017-$150 (I didn’t do an income report for February 2017 for some reason)
My Blog Traffic in February
My blog traffic was up in February from what it was the last few months. I hope that I continue to grow my traffic as well as continue to build my email list. Growing my list is one of my major focuses right now.
What worked for my blog in February
1. I finally got my 5-day FREE organization challenge finished and launched. If you are looking for the organized life you crave sign up for it right here
2. I started my Spring Cleaning Series. I wanted to help my followers to have the best ideas for how to clean for spring. The rest of the series will be completed in March
3. I continued with getting back into Elite Blogging Academy. It was updated last year and I knew I needed to give it a redo. I’m so glad I did because I’m learning so much. I’ve been hard at work completing the assignments and have been seeing improvement in both my traffic and income since I started retaking it the last few months.
What didn’t work for my blog in February
Getting a lot of new content out: While I did finish my email challenge on organization and begin my spring cleaning challenge there were many other content projects that did not get done in February. It was a difficult month personally and I didn’t get as much blogging done as I would have wanted to.
growing my facebook group: I started my Facebook Group for busy moms who need support and advice. I need to work on growing my group and engaging my members more than I did in February.
Here are my top blog goals and priorities for March 2018:
- To get my blog organized. I went through an organization challenge and learned so much about how to get my blog and business organized so I’ve been working on that. I’ve been loving learning how to use Airtable to organize my blog.
- to continue working on my blogging education more. I have lots of courses and ebooks to work through. It’s just a matter of spending time on them. I’ve put myself on a freeze of buying more courses until I make it through what I already own. My goal is to first finish going through all of Elite Blogging Academy.
- to start running my blog more professionally. Sticking to more structured blogging hours and a schedule. I think I would see more growth in my blog if I was more structured and organized.
To help you grow your own blogs and start making your own income I wanted to include some resources. The best way to grow your blog is to be constantly willing to learn through reading and growing your knowledge.
The Best Books I’ve found on blogging that will help you take your blog to the next level:
- Building A Framework ( check out more about this here.)
- Blog, Inc.
- How To Blog For Profit Without Selling Your Soul
- You are a Badass
Other posts you might like:
- How to Make Money Blogging
- More Ways to make money Blogging
- Should you do posts for free
- How I finally started making money blogging
Grab a copy of my new book to help you learn Pinterest to grow your blog traffic. This book will help you finally understand Pinterest and start growing your blog on this amazing platform!