We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Last Updated on May 24, 2020 by karissa ancell
I love reading other bloggers income reports and learning how they make money and get traffic. June was a pretty good for my blog traffic and a better month than normal in income. I know heading into summer things start to slow down and my traffic may be taking a hit. I am working on a plan to try and minimize any summer drop off in traffic.
Why do I share these monthly reports? A couple reasons
- I have loved reading other bloggers reports and still do. I learn so much from them and hope to offer the same to other bloggers. I enjoy reading reports from bloggers bigger and smaller than me. I have learned a lot from bigger and smaller blogs.
- It holds me accountable to my blog and continuing to grow my business. Even on months like this month where my growth is smaller I still feel accountable to share
My income for July was down a little from June and from last July’s. The unsteady income from sponsored posts and affiliate income is part of the reason why I decided to launch my first product. You can check out my new e-book Boost your Pinterest Presence,
Sponsored posts: $225
sponsored social media: $50
affiliate income: $40
Total income: $355
Convertkit $29 – A major area I am trying to grow and improve is my email list. I know that since creating my own products is something I want to do I need to have a larger list and I made the switch to Convertkit from MailChimp at the beginning of the year. It is slowly growing and getting bigger each month. A big reason I use Convertkit is that it makes it really easy to run my free email courses. These courses are the main way I grow my email list so Convertkit is important for me to have.
Ivory mix: $10 – As much as I love photos I am just not skilled in photography so I have been using Ivory Mix to get stock photos that I use on many of my blog posts and social media. I pay $10 a month and each month I get access to a bunch of new photos to download and use. I’ve gotten photos from a few different places and find this to be the best pictures for the price I pay.
SmarterQueue $20- I had been using CoSchedule for the past couple years. I paid yearly so it wasn’t included in my monthly costs. It was time to renew and I did some research into other schedulers and found SmarterQueue. I’ve only been using it for a couple weeks now but I’m loving it. It’s an easy to use system that allows me to share great content with my followers. If you’ve been looking for a social media scheduler check it out.
Total Expenses: $59
I’m finally through with my payments for Elite Blog Academy – Check out how taking this course helped me start making money blogging. I’ve taken a lot of courses and this has been one of my favorites. Be sure to get on the waiting list for this course. It’s only available once a year but there are great freebies when you sign up.
My Blog Traffic in July
My traffic dipped in July but it was expected as blog traffic typically goes down in the summer. People are busy and out doing things and on their computers less. My traffic will begin going up as we get closer to the holidays. I’m already getting traffic to a few of my holiday posts and it was only July.
1 I launched my book August 1st. So August is really about figuring out how to drive traffic to my sales page. Then tweaking that page and posts to get sales. This part of blogging is new to me so it’s a learning process.
2. I’m reading this really great post from Uncork your Dork with 40 tips to growing blog traffic. I have learned a lot from her blog before and am excited to go through these tips and see what it can do to help my numbers grow.
3. To start focusing on my affiliate income over the next couple of months. I know I can make more money this way but I need to put the time and effort into doing things the right way.
To help you grow your own blogs and start making your own income I wanted to include some resources.
Amazing Books on blogging that will help you take your blog to the next level:
- Building A Framework ( check out more about this here.)
- Blog, Inc.
- How To Blog For Profit Without Selling Your Soul
- You are a Badass
Other posts you might like:
- How to Make Money Blogging
- More Ways to make money Blogging
- Should you do posts for free
- How I finally started making money blogging