We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Last Updated on May 24, 2020 by karissa ancell
I love reading other bloggers income reports and learning how they make money and get traffic. May was a pretty good for my blog both in income and in traffic. I know heading into summer things start to slow down and my traffic may be taking a hit. I am working on a plan to try and minimize any summer drop off in traffic.
Also, I want to use this summer to finish up some projects and really get my blog in the best place for the Fall and winter. First though let’s check out how May went for A Fresh Start on a Budget
Why do I share these monthly reports? A couple reasons
- I have loved reading other bloggers reports and still do. I learn so much from them and hope to offer the same to other bloggers. I enjoy reading reports from bloggers bigger and smaller than me. I have learned a lot from bigger and smaller blogs.
- It holds me accountable to my blog and continuing to grow my business. Even on months like this month where my growth is smaller I still feel accountable to share
*This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosures page for more details.
I am pretty pleased with my May income. I made more in May than I did in April and I am starting to see a little more affiliate income. So my research into affiliate income is paying off. I know that once I get my own products launched my income should begin to grow even more. Right now I’m making enough to support my blog but I would like to grow my blog into a source of income for my family.
Sponsored posts: $90
sponsored social media: $50
affiliate income: $65
Total income: $248
Convertkit $29 – A major area I am trying to grow and improve is my email list. I know that since creating my own products is something I want to do I need to have a larger list and I made the switch to Convertkit from Mailchimp at the beginning of the year. It is slowly growing and getting bigger each month. A big reason I use Convertkit is that it makes it really easy to run my free email courses. These courses are the main way I grow my email list so Convertkit is important for me to have.
Ivory mix: $10 – As much as I love photos I am just not skilled in photography so I have been using Ivory Mix to get stock photos that I use on many of my blog posts and social media. I pay $10 a month and each month I get access to a bunch of new photos to download and use. I’ve gotten photos from a few different places and find this to be the best pictures for the price I pay.
Total Expenses: $39
I’m finally through with my payments for Elite Blog Academy – Check out how taking this course helped me start making money blogging. I’ve taken a lot of courses and this has been one of my favorites. Be sure to get on the waiting list for this course. It’s only available once a year but there are great freebies when you sign up.
My Blog Traffic in May
My traffic was slightly up in May over April. It was also pretty consistent day to day. I didn’t experience a spike in traffic like I did last month. I had a bit more traffic in the beginning of the month because I had a Mother’s Day brunch post that was doing well. That’s one of the reasons why it is so beneficial to create seasonal posts that can get traffic during specific times o the year. They aren’t traffic getters all the time but they give a nice bump when they are in the right season.
I had some things I wanted to get done in May that ended up not happening. So they will be tasks I work on this month and it’s important to get these things done to hopefully grow my traffic and my email lost I’m working on a 14 day decluttering challenge that I think will be really great.In fact, I am thinking of making it a paid course that I will offer a the end of the summer. As well as updating my free courses. Both my Pinterest course and my Productivity course.
What 3 things I’m working on to boost traffic and income
1 Keep working on improving my SEO, I am working through a course to help me improve what I know about SEO. I need more of my posts to show up in searches so new readers can find me.
2. I am so close to finishing an ebook I’ve been working on. I don’t think I’ve been as focused as I needed to be the last couple months. So it’s been taking forever. It will be out in June though. Make sure you are on my email list so you can find out when it’s out and get it at the lowest price.
3. To start focusing on my affiliate income over the next couple of months. I know I can make more money this way but I need to put the time and effort into doing things the right way.
To help you grow your own blogs and start making your own income I wanted to include some resources.
Amazing Books on blogging that will help you take your blog to the next level:
- Building A Framework ( check out more about this here.)
- Blog, Inc.
- How To Blog For Profit Without Selling Your Soul
- You are a Badass
Other posts you might like:
- How to Make Money Blogging
- More Ways to make money Blogging
- Should you do posts for free
- How I finally started making money blogging