We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Last Updated on May 24, 2020 by karissa ancell
Recently I decided to do something different with my monthly goals post and my income and blog traffic reports. I was feeling like these two posts each month were feeling pretty stale and I wasn’t excited to write them as much. At the same time, I love setting monthly goals and find it helpful to share my reports and goals each month.
It was just time to shake things up and make these posts more fun and interesting to write so that they are more enjoyable for you to read. I can’t believe that we are now in December and 2017 is almost finished. My blog grew and my income too this year and I’m ready for what 2018 brings me.
Why do I share these monthly reports? I have a few reasons
- I have loved reading other bloggers reports and still do. I learn so much from them and hope to offer the same to other bloggers. I enjoy reading reports from bloggers bigger and smaller than me. I have learned a lot from bigger and smaller blogs.
- It holds me accountable to my blog and continuing to grow my business. Even on months where my growth is smaller I still feel accountable to share
November was my best month yet for blog income. I made just under $1000 in November and it was a good month. A lot of my income comes from ads. I have my ads through Mediavine. To be accepted to Mediavine you need to be getting 30 thousand sessions/pageviews a month I believe. Before I reached that number I was using Google Adsense. If you have the traffic I recommend applying to Mediavine I’ve had no problems with them so far.
If you are a blogger I would love for you to check out my new e-book Boost your Pinterest Presence. In this book, I walk you through how to use Pinterest to grow your blog and create pins that get shared.
Sponsored posts: $300
affiliate income: $112
Total income: $918
Ivory mix: $10- this is the best price I’ve fond for good photos. I use these images in blog posts, landing and sales pages, social media and more)
Blogger’s Guide to Membership Site -$20- This is a great membership site. I’m a big fan of Terra from Uncork your Dork so when she put together a membership site with all her challenges and pieces of training I knew I wanted to check it out. I’ve done a few of the pieces of training in the membership site and next I want to go through the SEO training. There is so much valuable information in this membership that the monthly cost is worth it because I need to keep learning to grow my traffic and income.
$0 Tailwind I pay for this annually. Tailwind is the scheduler I use when I do all my pinning on Pinterest. It’s my favorite scheduler I use for myself and cover a lot of why I love it and how to use it in my ebook.
Total Expenses: $79
Now that I’ve been doing income reports for more than a year! Which is crazy it feels like I just started sharing them I want to see how I’m growing.
My Blog Traffic in November
My blog traffic was ok in November. Not as good as I would have liked but an improvement from October. I had a good spike in traffic from my post on Stocking stuffers for men and Stocking stuffers for women. These two posts helped my blog traffic and brought in a good amount of income in affiliate sales.
What worked for my blog in October
1. Just launching my challenge. It’s not been a perfect launch but I did it and I’m trying to remember that done is better than perfect.
2. I’m working more on Instagram. I would love for you to follow me on my Instagram account. It’s a platform I really enjoy and I think I will meet new followers and grow my community over there.
3. continuing to organize my blog content, product creation, etc with Airtable. I’m still learning but I feel that airtable is going to make logging easier.
What didn’t work for my blog in October
Sticking to a schedule: I had hoped to follow a schedule more in November but didn’t succeed with it as much as I had hoped. I’m going to continue to work more at making and staying on schedule with my tasks. That way more can get accomplished in my blog and business.
updating images and sales pages: I was busy with my challenge and this just didn’t get worked on in November. I’m going to save it till the New year because December is a busy month
Here are my top blog goals and priorities for November 2017:
- to plan for 2018. I need to figure out my big goals so I can break them up into goals for each quarter. I love goal setting so this is fun for me.
- to start learning how to use Instagram stories. I love Instagram but haven’t really learned stories yet.
- make updates to my other challenges. My Productivity and Pinterest challenges both need some TLC and a makeover.
To help you grow your own blogs and start making your own income I wanted to include some resources. The best way to grow your blog is to be constantly willing to learn through reading and growing your knowledge.
Amazing Books on blogging that will help you take your blog to the next level:
- Building A Framework ( check out more about this here.)
- Blog, Inc.
- How To Blog For Profit Without Selling Your Soul
- You are a Badass
Other posts you might like:
- How to Make Money Blogging
- More Ways to make money Blogging
- Should you do posts for free
- How I finally started making money blogging
Grab a copy of my new book to help you learn Pinterest to grow your blog traffic. This book will help you finally understand Pinterest and start growing your blog on this amazing platform!