We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Last Updated on May 24, 2020 by karissa ancell
Welcome to this month’s income and traffic report. We are at the end of the year and it’s almost time for thinking ahead to what I want to accomplish in 2020.
I’m excited to take my blogging journey a lot further next year than I have before. November was a pretty good month. Which of course is a blessing but I know that there will be good and bad months as a blogger.
That’s part of the process though and something I’m working more on. I also continued to learn a lot and am excited to start really applying new things when it comes to blogging.
- Pageviews: 33,543 up from 27,469
- Sessions: 28,732 up from 24,305
- Users: 27,183 up from 23,047
- Pinterest Followers: was 106,661 now 107,255
- Posts Published: 3 down from 5 last month
November 2019 BLOG INCOME
Sponsored posts: $0
affiliate income: $280
My Products: $42
Total income: $1046 (up from $715)
We are now fully into Q4 which is from October through December. The last quarter of the year is a big deal if you are a blogger. Why because of Holiday traffic and the income bump that increases because of that traffic. Though there are blog niches that don’t see a bump during this time. For the majority of bloggers though Q4 is a big time.
November was a good month for blog traffic even though I had some issues with my blog as I will discuss in this post. Without those issues, I probably could have had better numbers.
Blogging is a journey and in that journey, there are highs and lows. Some months I don’t do as well as I had thought I would and some months exceed my goals.
It’s why I’m committed to sharing my not so good months as well as my good months because I want you to know that it’s possible to make money blogging. I don’t want you to feel like you should give up if you have months that don’t go as well as you would have liked. That blogging can be an up and down journey. It will take work and time but you can do it. I wasn’t sure if I would ever make money with my blog and I now am and you can do it too!
If you are a blogger I would love for you to check out my e-book Boost your Pinterest Presence. In this book, I walk you through how to use Pinterest to grow your blog and create pins that get shared. Once you get your copy I will also make sure to send you updated versions of the book as I make them. Pinterest is constantly changing and I am always learning new ways to use it.
If you are looking to start making money blogging here are ways to do just that. Earning money through blogging has been one of the best things that I have started doing.
Ivory mix: $12
Blog tech -$47
Total Expenses: $180
Check out my resources page for all my favorite blogging and life recommended products and services.
MY BLOG GOALS
I use to set monthly goals and haven’t been as consistent with setting monthly goals and am going to start doing this and hopefully, this will help me start being more successful.
How my November Goals went
- To Get ready for Black Friday and do a great job sharing deals (Yes I did even though my Black Friday posts were deleted with my tech problems I still promoted my gift guides and sent emails)
- To really ramp up my income and traffic for the end of the year. The last months of the year are usually good months on the blog but they can be better( Feeling good about how November went and working hard on December)
- To use Instagram stories and social media more to engage with my followers more. Are you following me on Instagram? I’d love it if you did. Follow me here! (Didn’t do much here)
- To get my simplify your life ebook done and out at some point (working on this)
My December Goals
- To get my simplify your life ebook done and out at some point
- I’m trying to get more content out so I’m aiming for at least 6 posts this month
- Keep promoting and driving traffic to my gift guides for those shopping for the Holidays
- spend time working on my blogging education
BLOG LESSONS LEARNED THIS MONTH
This month’s lesson is about keeping your blog running well and safely. Around the middle of the month, I was suddenly locked out of my blog and could not figure out why.
So I was unable to post new posts or update anything. I tried contacting my host, which was Godaddy but they were no help. I had been wanting to change hosts anyways because I was unimpressed with GoDaddy’s service and their customer service.
First I needed to get my blog fixed though so I turned to Grayson Bell from Imarkinteractive because he is really recommended by other bloggers I know and trust.
So I had him fix my site and he got me back on so quickly and it turned out my blog had been hacked. So I got a plugin to protect it and switched over to Siteground for hosting.
This month cost a little more in expenses but it was worth it because I needed my blog up and running especially because it broke the week before Black Friday. Sometimes as a blogger, you will run into unexpected expenses but if you have one come up then make sure you are paying for quality stuff.
Get access to my community
Sign up for FREEBIES and tips on organization, budgeting, time management and More!
SIGN ME UP!Powered by ConvertKit
The Best Books I’ve found on blogging that will help you take your blog to the next level:
- Blog, Inc.
- How To Blog For Profit Without Selling Your Soul
- The Essential Habits Of 6-Figure Bloggers: Secrets of 17 Successful Bloggers You Can Use to Build a Six-Figure Online Business
- One Hour Content Plan
- Affiliate Marketing for Bloggers
Grab a copy of my How to Boost your Pinterest Presence to help you learn Pinterest so that you can grow your blog traffic. This book will help you finally understand Pinterest. So you can start growing your blog on this amazing platform!