We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Last Updated on May 24, 2020 by karissa ancell
Welcome to this month’s income and traffic report. I’m excited to take my blogging journey a lot further this year than I have before. October was not as great as I had hoped for in terms of traffic and income, which is a little disappointing. That’s part of the process though and something I’m working more on. I also continued to learn a lot and am excited to start really applying new things when it comes to blogging.
- Pageviews: 27,469 down from 28,955
- Sessions: 24,305 down from 25,612
- Users: 23,047 down from 26,138
- Pinterest Followers: was 106,044 now 106,661
- Posts Published: 5 up from 3 last month
September 2019 BLOG INCOME
Sponsored posts: $50
affiliate income: $60
My Products: $8
Total income: $715 (down from $720)
We are now fully into Q4 which is from October through December. The last quarter of the year is a big deal if you are a blogger. Why because of Holiday traffic and the income bump that increases because of that traffic.
It’s also a really busy time of year and often I have a lot more sponsored content so I’m busy trying to get that done as well as my normal blogging tasks.
Also, Black Friday is really busy and takes up a lot of November with it really being the whole week of Thanksgiving and Cyber Monday after Thanksgiving. If you are a blogger you need to get your plan for BlackFriday/Cyber Monday figured out now to maximize that time.
October saw a dip in my traffic but I looked at October of this year and compared it to October 2018 to see if my traffic was going up or down from the previous year. Since I was up quite a bit from last year and November and December of 2018 were good months I feel good about those months this year,
Blogging is a journey and in that journey, there are highs and lows. Some months I don’t do as well as I had thought I would and some months exceed my goals.
It’s why I’m committed to sharing my not so good months as well as my good months because I want you to know that it’s possible to make money blogging. I don’t want you to feel like you should give up if you have months that don’t go as well as you would have liked. That blogging can be an up and down journey. It will take work and time but you can do it. I wasn’t sure if I would ever make money with my blog and I now am and you can do it too!
If you are a blogger I would love for you to check out my e-book Boost your Pinterest Presence. In this book, I walk you through how to use Pinterest to grow your blog and create pins that get shared. Once you get your copy I will also make sure to send you updated versions of the book as I make them. Pinterest is constantly changing and I am always learning new ways to use it.
If you are looking to start making money blogging here are ways to do just that. Earning money through blogging has been one of the best things that I have started doing.
Ivory mix: $12
Total Expenses: $103
Check out my resources page for all my favorite blogging and life recommended products and services.
MY BLOG GOALS
I use to set monthly goals and haven’t been as consistent with setting monthly goals and am going to start doing this and hopefully, this will help me start being more successful.
How my September Goals went
- To work through EBA unit 8 (I did some but it’s not completed yet)
- To create new content for the project I’m working on ( Not enough but a bit)
- Still, need to send my survey out to my readers. I have it done I just need to get it out If you would like to take it I would really appreciate it. ( Yes and it’s still open if you haven’t done it yet Take it here. )
My November Goals
- To Get ready for Black Friday and do a great job sharing deals
- To really ramp up my income and traffic for the end of the year. The last months of the year are usually good months on the blog but they can be better
- To use Instagram stories and social media more to engage with my followers more. Are you following me on Instagram? I’d love it if you did. Follow me here!
- To get my simplify your life ebook done and out at some point
BLOG LESSONS LEARNED THIS MONTH
This month I just wanted to remind you that one of the ways to make blogging in the long term is to not compare yourself to others in the blogging world.
I’ve been blogging for a long time now, I started this blog here in June of 2012 which was a long time ago.
I’ve worked really hard to learn from other bloggers but to really not compare my journey as a blogger to how they are doing because all that this will do is discourage me.
I follow some super awesome bloggers, some of them who have been blogging a lot less time than me and they are making tons of money and getting lots more traffic.
That can either frustrate me or inspire me. Most days I choose to let it inspire me and help motivate me as a blogger that I can get there one day.
If you are blogging I want to encourage and inspire you with these reports. To show you my journey and how you can do things. I don’t want you to get discouraged or compare where you are to where I am.
The Best Books I’ve found on blogging that will help you take your blog to the next level:
- Blog, Inc.
- How To Blog For Profit Without Selling Your Soul
- The Essential Habits Of 6-Figure Bloggers: Secrets of 17 Successful Bloggers You Can Use to Build a Six-Figure Online Business
- One Hour Content Plan
- Affiliate Marketing for Bloggers
Grab a copy of my How to Boost your Pinterest Presence to help you learn Pinterest so that you can grow your blog traffic. This book will help you finally understand Pinterest. So you can start growing your blog on this amazing platform!