We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Welcome to this month’s income and traffic report. I’m excited to take my blogging journey a lot further this year than I have before. September definitely was a slump for my blog traffic though I did go up in income some. . I also continued to learn a lot and am excited to start really applying myself to blogging.
- Pageviews: 28,955 down from 58,682
- Sessions: 25,612 down from 49,394
- Users: 26,138 down from 46,968
- Pinterest Followers: was 103,527 now 106,044
- Posts Published: 3 down from 4 last month
September 2019 BLOG INCOME
Sponsored posts: $50
affiliate income: $200
My Products: $50
Total income: $720 (up from $550)
Summer is over and with that, we are almost about to start Q4 which is a big deal if you are a blogger. Why because of Holiday traffic and the income bump that increases because of that traffic.
It’s also a really busy time of year and often I have a lot more sponsored content so I’m busy trying to get that done as well as my normal blogging tasks.
September saw a dip in my traffic but I made some money with affiliates that I was surprised by so my income actually went up even though my traffic went down.
Blogging is a journey and in that journey, there are highs and lows. Some months I don’t do as well as I had thought I would and some months exceed my goals.
It’s why I’m committed to sharing my not so good months as well as my good months because I want you to know that it’s possible to make money blogging. I don’t want you to feel like you should give up if you have months that don’t go as well as you would have liked. That blogging can be an up and down journey. It will take work and time but you can do it. I wasn’t sure if I would ever make money with my blog and I now am and you can do it too!
If you are a blogger I would love for you to check out my e-book Boost your Pinterest Presence. In this book, I walk you through how to use Pinterest to grow your blog and create pins that get shared. Once you get your copy I will also make sure to send you updated versions of the book as I make them. Pinterest is constantly changing and I am always learning new ways to use it.
If you are looking to start making money blogging here are ways to do just that. Earning money through blogging has been one of the best things that I have started doing.
Ivory mix: $12
Total Expenses: $103
Check out my resources page for all my favorite blogging and life recommended products and services.
MY BLOG GOALS
I use to set monthly goals and haven’t been as consistent with setting monthly goals and am going to start doing this and hopefully, this will help me start being more successful.
How my September Goals went
- To work through EBA unit 8 (not done)
- I want to get my stuff organized. I’m starting with my inbox and Canva. I know that I could be a better and more successful blogger if I was more organized. (worked on somewhat)
- I need to send my survey out to my readers. I want this done as soon as I can. (Not yet but this week it will happen)
- I want to create a new opt-in for my holiday posts. (yes I did)
My October Goals
- To work through EBA unit 8
- To create new content for the project I’m working on
- Still, need to send my survey out to my readers. I have it done I just need to get it out If you would like to take it I would really appreciate it. Take it here. Thanks so much
BLOG LESSONS LEARNED THIS MONTH
I’ve always felt like September is the start of a new year as much as January is. Summer is ending and school is starting and it feels like a new beginning.
This September really felt this way for my blog. I enjoy blogging and have been doing it for a long time now. It was 7 years in June which is a long career as a blogger.
After blogging this long it can begin to feel repetitive and lose some of the excitement.
As I was feeling this way more and more during the summer I realized I needed to change things if I was going to continue growing and building my blog.
So I started researching and brainstorming where I wanted to go with my blog. I have some stuff in the works and a project I’m working on. That I can’t wait to share with you when I’m further along with it.
So make sure you are on my mailing list because that is where I will be sharing new information first. You can sign up here.
The Best Books I’ve found on blogging that will help you take your blog to the next level:
- Blog, Inc.
- How To Blog For Profit Without Selling Your Soul
- The Essential Habits Of 6-Figure Bloggers: Secrets of 17 Successful Bloggers You Can Use to Build a Six-Figure Online Business
- One Hour Content Plan
- Affiliate Marketing for Bloggers
Grab a copy of my How to Boost your Pinterest Presence to help you learn Pinterest so that you can grow your blog traffic. This book will help you finally understand Pinterest. So you can start growing your blog on this amazing platform!