We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Last Updated on May 24, 2020 by karissa ancell
Recently I decided to do something different with my monthly goals post and my income and blog traffic reports. I was feeling like these two posts each month were feeling pretty stale and I wasn’t excited to write them as much. At the same time, I love setting monthly goals and find it helpful to share my reports and goals each month.
It was just time to shake things up and make these posts more fun and interesting to write so that they are more enjoyable for you to read. I can’t believe that we are now in December and 2017 is almost finished.
Blogging has been such a positive experience for me. Even after doing it for years I still enjoy it and love the lessons I’ve learned from it and the people I’ve met. It’s also so amazing to be able to earn some extra money doing something I enjoy while at home. If you are looking to begin Making Money blogging here is what helped me have a major breakthrough and begin earning money with my blog and I know it can help you too.
Why do I share these monthly reports? I have a few reasons
- I have loved reading other bloggers reports and still do. I learn so much from them and hope to offer the same to other bloggers. I enjoy reading reports from bloggers bigger and smaller than me. I have learned a lot from bigger and smaller blogs.
- It holds me accountable to my blog and continuing to grow my business. Even on months where my growth is smaller I still feel accountable to share
- I also want to show that even as a long time blogger I am just starting to learn to grow my income. This way I can share this journey of blog growth and my making money from the early stages.
December was another pretty good month for my blog income. I made a little less than I had in November but it was one of my top months with my blogging income. A lot of my income comes from ads. I have my ads through Mediavine. To be accepted to Mediavine you need to be getting 30 thousand sessions/page views a month I believe. Before I reached that number I was using Google Adsense. If you have the traffic I recommend applying to Mediavine I’ve had no problems with them so far.
If you are a blogger I would love for you to check out my new e-book Boost your Pinterest Presence. In this book, I walk you through how to use Pinterest to grow your blog and create pins that get shared.
Sponsored posts: $100
affiliate income: $62
My Products: $44
Total income: $531
Ivory mix: $10- this is the best price I’ve found for good photos. I use these images in blog posts, landing and sales pages, social media and more)
Blogger’s Guide to Membership Site -$20- This is a great membership site. I’m a big fan of Terra from Uncork your Dork so when she put together a membership site with all her challenges and pieces of training I knew I wanted to check it out. I’ve done a few of the pieces of training in the membership site and next I want to go through the SEO training. There is so much valuable information in this membership that the monthly cost is worth it because I need to keep learning to grow my traffic and income.
$0 Tailwind I pay for this annually. Tailwind is the scheduler I use when I do all my pinning on Pinterest. It’s my favorite scheduler I use for myself and cover a lot of why I love it and how to use it in my ebook.
Total Expenses: $79
Now that I’ve been doing income reports for more than a year! Which is crazy it feels like I just started sharing them I want to see how I’m growing.
My Blog Traffic in January
My blog traffic was up a little up from my December traffic. I’m still working on getting back some of the blog traffic that I had at the beginning of last year. Things started dipping for me mid-2017.
What worked for my blog in January
1. I released my second product on my blog. An ebook called How to finally be Clutter free. I’m still learning how to do a good launch when releasing a product but I’m getting stuff out there and I’m happy about that.
2. In January I actually kept up with my weekly newsletter a lot more. I have always tended to forget to send out my newsletters. I really want to nurture and grow my newsletter this year so it was a good start.
3. Getting back into Elite Blogging Academy. It was updated last year and I knew I needed to give it a redo. I’m so glad I did because I’m learning so much. Want to know what they predict the blogging trends for 2018 to be. Check them out here.
Check out: How I finally started making money blogging
What didn’t work for my blog in January
Figuring out my launch: After all the work I did on my new book I did not spend enough time or effort on my launch. One of my goals this year is to spend time learning how to do a successful launch. That way next time I’m prepared to do one.
finishing my mini challenge: I got the feedback on my 20 day challenge that it was too long and that was preventing people from taking it. I wanted to make sure I was helping as many people as possible. So I’m creating a shorter 5 day challenge on getting organized.
Here are my top blog goals and priorities for February 2018:
- ‘To get my blog organized. I went through an organization challenge and learned so much about how to get my blog and business organized so I’ve been working on that.
- to work on my blogging education more. I have lots of courses and ebooks to work through. It’s just a matter of spending time on them. I’ve put myself on a freeze of buying more courses until I make it through what I already own.
- To finish and share my mini organization challenge. Also to grow my Facebook group that I created to go along with all my organization challenges and book. You can join it by going here.
To help you grow your own blogs and start making your own income I wanted to include some resources. The best way to grow your blog is to be constantly willing to learn through reading and growing your knowledge.
Amazing Books on blogging that will help you take your blog to the next level:
- Building A Framework ( check out more about this here.)
- Blog, Inc.
- How To Blog For Profit Without Selling Your Soul
- You are a Badass
Other posts you might like:
- How to Make Money Blogging
- More Ways to make money Blogging
- Should you do posts for free
- How I finally started making money blogging
Grab a copy of my new book to help you learn Pinterest to grow your blog traffic. This book will help you finally understand Pinterest and start growing your blog on this amazing platform!