We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Last Updated on June 2, 2020 by karissa ancell
I’m excited to take my blogging journey a lot further this year than I have before. June was a good month on my blog and I’m happy with how it did. I also learned a lot and am excited to start really applying myself to blogging. This blog income report shows that when I apply myself more than it pays off.
- Pageviews: 60263 down from 66,957
- Sessions: 50,302 down from 56,839
- Users: 46,968 down from 54,305
- Pinterest Followers: was 100,436 now 102,333
- Posts Published: 4 down from 5
June 2019 BLOG INCOME
Sponsored posts: $40
affiliate income: $55
My Products: $40
Total income: $1005 (down from $1059)
I am quite pleased with how my blog traffic and income were in June. I see a decrease in traffic durung the summer and was expecting more of a drop from May to June. I’ve put in a lot more effort and time and I can see it paying off. So if you are struggling to grow and things are slow with your blog to remember it can get better.
Blogging is a journey and in that journey, there are highs and lows. This past month was not great traffic or income wise but that’s ok because I know that better months are ahead.
It’s why I’m committed to sharing my not so good months as well as my good months because I want you to know that it’s possible to make money blogging. I don’t want you to feel like you should give up if you have months that don’t go as well as you would have liked. That blogging can be an up and down journey. It will take work and time but you can do it. I wasn’t sure if I would ever make money with my blog and I now am and you can do it too!
If you are a blogger I would love for you to check out my e-book Boost your Pinterest Presence. In this book, I walk you through how to use Pinterest to grow your blog and create pins that get shared. Once you get your copy I will also make sure to send you updated versions of the book as I make them. Pinterest is constantly changing and I am always learning new ways to use it.
If you are looking to start making money blogging here are ways to do just that. Earning money through blogging has been one of the best things that I have started doing.
Ivory mix: $12
Total Expenses: $103
Check out my resources page for all my favorite blogging and life recommended products and services.
MY BLOG GOALS
I use to set monthly goals and haven’t been as consistent with setting monthly goals and am going to start doing this and hopefully, this will help me start being more successful.
How my June Goals went
- To grow my email list by 300 people. This would be a huge growth for me but I think it’s important to set a big goal and try my hardest to achieve it. So if you haven’t joined my list yet please do so here! Thanks! ( I grew by 50 subscribers and while not near my goal I am pleased)
- To post even more this month than in April. My goal is 6 posts. ( I only completed 4 new posts)
- To continue working my way through Elite Blog Academy ( I am now on Unit 7 of EBA and it’s going well and I did a lot of work on the course in June)
- Improve my affiliate links and income I’m so excited that this is the focus of my blogging mastermind right now. I have so much that I need to learn. (started working on this and have lots more to do)
My July Goals
- To grow my email list by 200 people. This would still be huge growth for me but I lowered it slightly from my June goal because my traffic goes down un July. So if you haven’t joined my list yet please do so here! Thanks!
- To post even more this month than in the last few months. I want to do 6 posts
- To continue working my way through Elite Blog Academy
- Improve my affiliate links and income I’m so excited that this is the focus of my blogging mastermind right now. I have so much that I need to learn.
BLOG LESSONS LEARNED THIS MONTH
The importance of growing your email list and nurturing that list. My list hasn’t been my favorite part of blogging but I do know that it is important to spend time growing your list and giving to your subscribers.
I have been trying to put more time and effort on my list and am hoping to start seeing the benefit of that effort soon.
In blogging it’s important to realize that some times you have to spend time and effort on things that may not be your favorite because you know that the payoff may be coming.
I’ve heard from many bloggers that their newsletters are one of their biggest money makers and favorite things to do. So I’m staying committed and working hard to grow and care for mine. In June I completed my welcome series and now new subscribers are put into that once they sign up to my list.
The Best Books I’ve found on blogging that will help you take your blog to the next level:
- Blog, Inc.
- How To Blog For Profit Without Selling Your Soul
- The Essential Habits Of 6-Figure Bloggers: Secrets of 17 Successful Bloggers You Can Use to Build a Six-Figure Online Business
- One Hour Content Plan
- Affiliate Marketing for Bloggers
Grab a copy of my How to Boost your Pinterest Presence to help you learn Pinterest so that you can grow your blog traffic. This book will help you finally understand Pinterest. So you can start growing your blog on this amazing platform!