We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Last Updated on May 24, 2020 by karissa ancell
I love reading other bloggers income reports and learning how they make money and get traffic. June was a pretty good for my blog traffic and a better month than normal in income. I know heading into summer things start to slow down and my traffic may be taking a hit. I am working on a plan to try and minimize any summer drop off in traffic.
Why do I share these monthly reports? A couple reasons
- I have loved reading other bloggers reports and still do. I learn so much from them and hope to offer the same to other bloggers. I enjoy reading reports from bloggers bigger and smaller than me. I have learned a lot from bigger and smaller blogs.
- It holds me accountable to my blog and continuing to grow my business. Even on months like this month where my growth is smaller I still feel accountable to share
I am happy with my income from June. I was averaging $150-$250 a month typically and in June I made just over $400. My goal is to hit $1000 a month and grow from there. So I’m almost half way there.
Sponsored posts: $280
sponsored social media: $50
affiliate income: $25
Total income: $407
Convertkit $29 – A major area I am trying to grow and improve is my email list. I know that since creating my own products is something I want to do I need to have a larger list and I made the switch to Convertkit from Mailchimp at the beginning of the year. It is slowly growing and getting bigger each month. A big reason I use Convertkit is that it makes it really easy to run my free email courses. These courses are the main way I grow my email list so Convertkit is important for me to have.
Ivory mix: $10 – As much as I love photos I am just not skilled in photography so I have been using Ivory Mix to get stock photos that I use on many of my blog posts and social media. I pay $10 a month and each month I get access to a bunch of new photos to download and use. I’ve gotten photos from a few different places and find this to be the best pictures for the price I pay.
Total Expenses: $39
I’m finally through with my payments for Elite Blog Academy – Check out how taking this course helped me start making money blogging. I’ve taken a lot of courses and this has been one of my favorites. Be sure to get on the waiting list for this course. It’s only available once a year but there are great freebies when you sign up.
My Blog Traffic in June
I was worried that I would see a drop of traffic in June. Summer is usually lower in traffic for bloggers. I was glad to see that I had a bit of an increase in page views. Not great traffic as I have had much better months but I was glad to see an increase in traffic.
I’m going to try to update a bunch of older posts and try to get traffic coming to those older posts. I have good content that just needs to be updated and will hopefully help me bring in better numbers in July.
What 3 things I’m working on to boost traffic and income
1 Keep working on improving my SEO, I am working through a course to help me improve what I know about SEO. I need more of my posts to show up in searches so new readers can find me.
2. I was really hoping my book would be done in June but that didn’t happen. It is so close though and I am really happy with how it’s come together. It will be out in July though and I’m going to be launching it. Make sure you are on my email list so you can find out when it’s out and get it at the lowest price.
3. To start focusing on my affiliate income over the next couple of months. I know I can make more money this way but I need to put the time and effort into doing things the right way.
To help you grow your own blogs and start making your own income I wanted to include some resources.
Amazing Books on blogging that will help you take your blog to the next level:
- Building A Framework ( check out more about this here.)
- Blog, Inc.
- How To Blog For Profit Without Selling Your Soul
- You are a Badass
Other posts you might like:
- How to Make Money Blogging
- More Ways to make money Blogging
- Should you do posts for free
- How I finally started making money blogging