We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Last Updated on December 30, 2020 by karissa ancell
It’s the end of the year so I’m thinking goals and even though this year did not go as I would have planned in January I thought I’d recap how my goals in 2020 went and what I’m doing differently for 2021.
Back at the beginning of the year I thought that this year would be really productive and I had hopes of getting a lot accomplished. Unfortunately Covid happened and things became tough this year.
My daughter has been doing virtual school since March so having her home has made it much harder for me to work and get things done because I’m used to having lots of time by myself and that has not existed this year.
Also my stress and anxiety has been at an all time high so getting things done has been an extra challenge this year. It’s really hard to get things done wheb you are feeling really unmotivated.
So I’m satisfied with what I’ve achieved this year even if it’s not everything I wish I had been able to do this year. So if in 2020 you were not able to meet all your goals know that you are not alone it’s been a hard year for a lot of us.
Goals for the home/personal
Clean out and organize our closets: To build up our savings. Start meal planning:
- To hit my goal of reading 100 books this year: I just finished book 98 so this goal should be completed by January 1st!
- To keep working on my anxiety issues: I have been working hard on this one this year. I just started virtual therapy which I think will be a big help. I also shared my tips for relieving stress which I’ve been doing a lot this year.
- Have some date nights with Blake: We have been trying hard to spend time together and having fun together during this hard year. It’s fun to do drives and stuff but I can’t wait for when we can go out to dinner and movies again. I miss going out for dates.
Blogging/Business summer goals
Update my clutter and Pinterest Books. This didn’t happen in 2020
- Create a new product: I did create my new Master your Life with Productivity course which I think is such a great product especially for the beginnig of the year.
Make a work with me page on my site: I’m still figuring this one out
- To start sharing more on both my blog and Instagram: I’ve been trying to open myself up more on my blog and social media. I know that I like when bloggers I follow are more open and share things so I’m trying to do this more. I’ve also been more active on Instagram. Not a ton but more than I had been.
- To get back on track with blogging: I have blogged more in 2020 than I had in a long time. I’ve also done a lot of work to update and fix older posts. To make them better and more infornative for my readers.
- To update and change my blog: I did some updating and changing but nir as much as my blog needs. When you’ve been blogging as king as I have you need to update and freshen this online space up from time to time. There is still more work to do to fix up my blog.
I know many of us had our goals derailed by COVID and other problems in 2020 and that things won’t magically be better just because it’s a new year. I do think that it can and will be a better year though so we should try to set goals that will better and improve our lives in 2021 and beyond.