We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Last Updated on June 27, 2019 by karissa ancell
We have started a new year! This is one of my favorite times of the year. I love how everyone is setting goals and setting up for the new year ahead. I love goals and set them all year. I like to set weekly and monthly goals! So it’s fun for me with all this extra talk of goals everywhere.
December was such a busy month. I like to set goals for each month but I knew I wasn’t actually going to get much accomplished in December. We were just going, going, going all month. So what I did do was good but my list from the month didn’t get much crossed completely off. Oh well!
I’ve noticed that it is hard for me to mark things off my list because I don’t put a specific number on my goals. So I am going to try and set goals with a more clear measurement so I can know if they are or aren’t achieved.
How my December Goals Went
- Get 1,000 more email subscribers. I’m just over 300 and am going to switch to a new email provider. I’ve been doing lots of research on how to grow my list and I know I can get over 1,000 more subscribers this month.( I grew by about 250 this month which is good but not my goal)
- Next year in March I am launching my first online course which is super exciting. So I need to get a lot of my outline completed this month so I can start working on the slides and videos in January. I’ve done quite a bit but this is a huge project and lots of work. I’m excited for it though. ( I worked a lot on my course but I’m making adjustments so the release might me pushed)
- Keep Christmas budget friendly. This is a hard one and I always end up spending more than I should but I need to make and stick to a budget this year. For Christmas money tips read this post. ( I did alright but still ended up spending quite a bit)
- hit my goal of reading 52 books this year. I’m at 47 right now so this is totally doable just need to really make time for reading. I’ve read some great books so far this year. ( I got to 51.5 books so just missed my goal but still a good year for reading)
- Get my computer organized. All my documents and downloads and pictures. It’s a big mess. I need to tweak my system so it works better and is more organized. ( did a good job here. Cleaned it up quire a bit)
My Goals for January
- I want to get at least 300 new email subscribers. My big goal in 2016 is to really increase my email list.
2. I want to read at least 5 books this month. I’ve read one and am half way through a second already in January. My goal for reading in 2016 is to read 70.
3. Do a weekly to do list on my phone. That way I cam remember and stay focused on my goals. As much as I accomplished in 2015 I know that I can get more done in 2016 by focusing more on my goals.
4. I need to put together a plan for my blog and business for what I want to take place in 2016. I have so many ideas and I know it will be more successful if I lay it all out in a plan.
5. Write at least one epic post a week. By an epic post I mean a long developed post that is at least 1,000 words. I really enjoy the long posts.
6. Start sending out one newsletter a week. Or at least every other week. I don’t know if I have enough to say for weekly newsletters but I’m going to try.