We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Last Updated on January 2, 2018 by karissa ancell
I feel good about what I was able to accomplish and achieve in 2017. not everything I hoped to do was done but the year was successful and I feel good about my accomplishments. I think one thing that held me back from achieving more was not being as open with my goals for the year. So when I saw this post on Money Saving Mom about her goals for 2018 I was inspired to create my own similar post.
My Goals for 2018
1. Read 55 books. This was my reading goal for 2017 but I only got to 46. I’m determined to hit this goal in 2018
2. to lose 30 pounds
3. be able to walk 1 mile without stopping. (Because of my leg weakness due to my stroke I can’t walk very long without pain and serious fatigue. I am pushing myself to walk further and I’d love to be able to do a mile again)
4. to read 2 marriage books to improve our relationship
5. Go on an overnight trip with Blake just the two of us.
6. Once a month or more Dates with Blake. (Nothing fancy but just the two of us going to do something on our own)
7. Read 3 books aloud with Isabella (We are working on a Wrinkle in Time now)
8. Spend one weekend a month with no working on my blog
9. Go on a family road trip.
10. to create a healthy Emergency fund right now we have basically no savings
11. to create and follow a budget each month that works for us.
12. To have a $10,000 month with my blog
13. Launch 3 new products.
14. to do one collaboration with another blogger (as an introvert reaching out to do this is a struggle)
3 Habits I’m Working on Developing in 2018
- To try something new once a month- We want to push ourselves to try new things and experience things we haven’t done before. Sometimes we will do this as a family, on a date or by myself. I just want to take some risks and be more adventurous.
- To stop drinking soda– I don’t mind the caffeine but I want to cut soda because of the damage to my teeth and the calories. I’ve drunk it for years so this will be a challenge
- Meet new people and make friendships- This is not a strong suit of mine but moving to a new state and away from my hometown I have done a bit better at this n 2017 but I want to push myself to meet more people and make friendships in our new city.
I will be giving you updates on my progress on my reading goals, my health and fitness goals and the books I’m reading to Isabella, plus more as the year progresses!
I will be sharing my word of the year with you in a post this week. I’m really committed to making 2018 incredible and I love the idea of setting a word for the year. So that post is coming. I just wanted to get my goals done first.