We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Last Updated on June 27, 2019 by karissa ancell
I’m so glad that one of the things about setting goals is that you get to start over and have a fresh start so quickly. I’m glad of this because January did not go so well for goals. I had a feeling that the list of January goals was not going to be successful.
I knew this because about mid month I got hit with a rough wave of my depression. I mostly have a handle on my depression but every now and again I get a real bad episode of it. One of the effects of this is that I don’t feel like doing much of anything. So I didn’t really blog or work very much for a couple weeks. I think that the anniversary of my stroke on February 2nd messed with my head and that caused the depression. I go through this typically around the anniversary.
So I just had to accept that this was something I had to work through. I did and I’m getting back to normal.So I’m glad to say I’m starting to catch up on things and get back into my routine. Hopefully February is a better month for me. I need to catch up some on what didn’t get accomplished in January and get some other things done this month.
I’m committed to being very open and honest about my goals and how I did on them each month. It would be easy to just say I got things done when I didn’t but I want you all to trust that I mean when I talk about my goals and to-do lists. The only way to make that happen is to be completely honest and transparent with you all.
How I did on my Goals for January
- I want to get at least 300 new email subscribers. My big goal in 2016 is to really increase my email list. ( Nope)
2. I want to read at least 5 books this month. I’ve read one and am half way through a second already in January. My goal for reading in 2016 is to read 70. ( Yes and I’m on book 7 now)
3. Do a weekly to do list on my phone. That way I cam remember and stay focused on my goals. As much as I accomplished in 2015 I know that I can get more done in 2016 by focusing more on my goals. (nope)
4. I need to put together a plan for my blog and business for what I want to take place in 2016. I have so many ideas and I know it will be more successful if I lay it all out in a plan. (working on it)
5. Write at least one epic post a week. By an epic post I mean a long developed post that is at least 1,000 words. I really enjoy the long posts. ( just did one)
6. Start sending out one newsletter a week. Or at least every other week. I don’t know if I have enough to say for weekly newsletters but I’m going to try. (just did one)
Here are My February Goals
1 I want to write at least 3 epic posts ( meaning at least 1,000 words long) If not more than three epic posts.
2. Write out my outline for a course I’m working on. I have a rough outline done so far but I need to go through and fill it out and in.
3. I need to spend some time each day on blogging education. I have lots of books and courses on blogging and business. If I want to see major growth this year I need to spend some major time learning (‘m aiming for at least 30 minutes a day)
4. Start growing my relationship with others in the blogging world. I want to start interacting in Facebook groups and getting to know.
5. Work on my list. I need to add people to my list and send out a newsletter. Growing my list is one of my big goals for this year so I need to put some effort into it this month.
6. I need to read at least 5 books this month. That should put ma ahead of my reading schedule of hitting 70 books this year.
7. Hit 5,000 followers on Instagram. I’m at 3200 so I’m not too far off. I’m going to really start focusing on growing Instagram and want to hit 5,000. I’d love for you to follow me here please if you aren’t already.