We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Last Updated on August 28, 2016 by karissa ancell
It’s the beginning of the month, so let’s think about goals. I always try to do these monthly goal posts as close to the first of the month as I can and it’s the 4th so not a great job so far in December. Oh Well! I’m doing it now.
I’m hopeful your November was a great month and that you will have a really amazing December. I want to share how I did in November with my goals before I share my goals for this month. Unfortunately November brought with it a pretty nasty cold that the whole house and extended family got, so not as much got done this month as I had hoped.
It was a good month though the first two weeks were productive. Then we had my family in town so we had lots of family events which was good. We got to see my sister and her kids for two weeks. Sadly being sick messed up some of that time but we still saw them quite a bit.
I’m excited for December. I love the end of one year and the start of another. It gets me pumped up for changes and trying new things. I love the excitement a new year brings. I want to set a few, not a lot of goals this month. I want to really focus and get the major things done that will make 2015 end well and set me up to start 2016 the best possible.
So here it goes.
So How November Goals went
- Making Sunday family cleaning time. This Sunday and a few other Sundays the three of us take an hour or two and get things nice and clean. It always feels so good to get things done. Also it’s a good habit and it’s important for all of us to help get things tidy for the week. I am setting the goal to do this every Sunday in November. ( Good for half the month till we all got sick. Starting it back up though now that we are on the mend. I love doing this on Sundays)
- Work on my health. Less soda more water for starters. Then also eating better and less takeout and adding in some exercise. I know that if I start really making an effort with my health it will help all areas of my life. ( not great on this. More water still too much soda)
- Spend less money. We are doing a spending freeze for the majority of the month. My sister and her family are coming to town mid month and we will be doing fun things with them. We only see the kids maybe once a year so we wont force ourselves to stay no spend through the visit but until then we are. ( I’d give us a B. We didn’t do fantastic but still made good financial choices often)
- Wake up at an earlier time. I like to sleep in but I realize that I need more hours and I’m not as productive at night as I use to be so I need to start being up and going before 9 or preferably 8 during the week. I know for some of you 8 or 9 is still late but for me it’s not. ( Did pretty good on this)
- Get more focused and productive with work. I am wasting too many hours that I’m supposed to be working on social media or doing things that aren’t productive. That needs to stop. So I’m going to focus more this month and start to set boundaries during work hours. (Need more work)
- Start getting organized and things planned for the holidays and the new year. I can’t believe we are already at the end of 2015. The years keep going by faster and faster. ( Nope)
- Clear out clutter. This area of our lives is better but still needs so much work. So I need to start getting rid of some more stuff. Sell some things we don’t use. ( A little)
- Work on blog growth! This year has been good for my blog but I know I can grow more and get better. So I need to start working even harder and doing more. ( Tried but November was a bit slow)
- Start setting daily to do lists on my phone. I did this some in October and it was very helpful. I know if I start doing it more and make it a habit I will be more productive. ( Didn’t do this)
My December Goals
- Get 1,000 more email subscribers. I’m just over 300 and am going to switch to a new email provider. I’ve been doing lots of research on how to grow my list and I know I can get over 1,000 more subscribers this month.
- Next year in March I am launching my first online course which is super exciting. So I need to get a lot of my outline completed this month so I can start working on the slides and videos in January. I’ve done quite a bit but this is a huge project and lots of work. I’m excited for it though.
- Keep Christmas budget friendly. This is a hard one and I always end up spending more than I should but I need to make and stick to a budget this year. For Christmas money tips read this post.
- hit my goal of reading 52 books this year. I’m at 47 right now so this is totally doable just need to really make time for reading. I’ve read some great books so far this year.
- Get my computer organized. All my documents and downloads and pictures. It’s a big mess. I need to tweak my system so it works better and is more organized.
So there are my goals for December. What are you working on this month? Leave a comment and let us know!