We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Last Updated on June 2, 2020 by karissa ancell
I’m so excited to set my goals for this year. I really do love that fresh start feeling of a new year and when the school year starts. Both times of year are great for reflecting and setting new goals.
If you haven’t seen it yet here is how I did on my 2018 goals. Seeing how I did in the past year really got me motivated to come up with some new goals. I also chose my word of the year for 2019 and will be sharing that in an upcoming post.
Choosing a word of the year really helps me to stay focused on my goals and get more out of my year. This year is so important and I can’t believe how fast time goes. One of my main areas of focus is to really enjoy this year with Isabella. Somehow she will be a teen in October.
So I’m more aware than ever that my time with her living in our home is getting shorter and before I know it she will be an adult and move out and go away to college. So I want to soak up those moments with her while she is still my littlish girl.
My Goals for 2019
The top 3 Goals I have for 2019
1- To travel more. We already have a few trips planned. We are going to my sister’s college graduation in Florida, I’m visiting my parents in their new home in North Carolina and we are visiting my husbands family in New Mexico soon. I’m hoping that we may get an opportunity to go to other places.
2- To save $10,000 for our emergency fund. This is a huge number for us but I want to push myself to take my finances seriously this year.
3- To really commit to making my family happier. To enjoy the time we have together even more and to step back and appreciate what we have more. To be in the moment more and take more breaks from my computer and phone and be a part of things.
My mini Goals to improve my life this year
1. Read 70 books. This is a big number but I really think I can hit the number. ( I track my books on Goodreads and I’s love for you to follow me there so you can see what I’m reading and I can see what you are reading.)
2. to have 25 of those books be self-improvement or written by people who inspire me. This is part of my word of the year.
3. to workout 30 minutes twice a week all year. I really don’t like to exercise but I know that it would really benefit me to be more in shape. So I want to start off with just 30 minutes twice a week.
4. To start going to bed by 11 each night. I know that seems late to most people but I’m a night owl and the last few months I’ve been staying up too late and then sleeping in too much in the morning. So between 10 and 11 is my goal.
5. to read 2 marriage books to improve our relationship
6. Go on an overnight trip with Blake just the two of us. I’m hoping there may be an opportunity to do this in the summer by our anniversary.
7. to do something one on one with Isabella out of the house one once a month. She and I spend a lot of time together at home just the two of us but we usually go out to do things as a family. I want her and me to really spend some time doing new things together just the two of us.
8. Spend one weekend a month with no working on my blog
9. To look into and start the process of adopting. Blake and I have always wanted to adopt and we finally feel like we are in the right place to begin to really look into the process and begin this journey.
10. to create a healthy Emergency fund right now we have basically no savings
11. to create and follow a budget each month that works for us.
12. To not buy any more courses until I actually complete the huge number of courses that I have purchased and not gotten to yet.
My blogging and business related goals are now going to be shared over on my new blog karissaancell.com. I hope you will go over there and check out the blog and my goals for that area of my life.
I will be sharing my word of the year with you in a post this week. I’m really committed to making 2019 incredible and I love the idea of setting a word for the year. So that post is coming. I just wanted to get my goals done first.