We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Last Updated on January 10, 2022 by karissa ancell
In 2021 I set goals but didn’t really accomplish many of them. There are a few reasons for that so I’m going to try and approach my goals for 2022 in a different way. So that hopefully I will have more success.
Like many people 2021 was a hard year for our family. Not as stressful as 2020 thankfully but not back to a normal reality either.
One reason for my lack of success for my 2021 goals was that I basically set them and forgot them. Life got busy and they weren’t front of mind and they got forgotten about.
What you don’t think about doesn’t get done or accomplished. That’s why in 2022 I’m bring back my monthly goals posts. That way once a month at least I can go over my goals and keep them in my mind.
- To work out at least 2x a week. I got a subscription to Get Healthy U Tv and am going to make the effort to do a workout at least twice a week. Preferably 3 to 4 times if I can. There are short workouts so I should be able to do this.
- To Read 3 Books a week. I didn’t read as much as I would have liked last year and I notice when I don’t make reading time a priority my anxiety is higher. So I plan to read more in 2022.
- To use my Gratitude App Daily. I want to make more time for gratitude in my day. I got an app to journal a little bit about gratitude daily. I want to really commit to doing this daily.
4 Family Game nights weekly. We are starting up a Friday night family game night. With Isabella in high school we want to spend as much quality time with her as we can because she’s going to be an adult before I know it. So we’ve started game nights.
Blake is teaching Isabella chess. I don’t know how to play and have never cared to learn. So it’s good that they can play together.
5. To travel as a family. We have not traveled because of the pandemic and finally now that we are vaccinated we feel comfortable traveling as safely as possible. We are visiting my inlaws in a few weeks. Then my family in March. It will be fun to get out of out city as a family.
6. To do a mother daughter date monthly. I think it’s so important to create memories with her as she gets older. I want to do one fun thing just the two of us each month so that we create some great memories.
7. To have a monthly date night. If possible I’d prefer to do at least two a month but at least once a month will strengthen our marriage. We are going to celebrate 18 years of marriage this summer so I want to make sure to prioritize our relationship to keep it working.
8 To read two marriage books. I really want to read a lot today and want at least two of those books to be about improving my marriage. I love books that teach me new skills or ways to improve areas of my life.
9. To Start my podcast. I have been working on starting a podcast and its my big blogging/business goal of 2022. Not just starting it but then continuing to do it every week during the year.
That’s all for my big goals this year. There will be more I want to accomplish in 2022 but those are the big things that I know will make my life better and make this year successful if I get them done.