We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Last Updated on July 20, 2020 by karissa ancell
January seems like a million years ago at this point even though it was only six months ago. I think we can all agree that 2020 has not gone as expected or at all as we planned. It’s easy to feel like we should just give up and call this year a bust but I don’t want to do that. This year may not be all that I had hoped it would be but we can still make it count and create memories that we can look back on fondly in the future when life gets feeling more normal again.
I think to make the most of the last six months of this year starts with goals. Setting summer goals and also planning on how we can achieve these goals no matter what life decides to throw at us along the way.
So I’m setting some summer goals that I’m hoping I will be able to accomplish by mid-august when Isabella starts school again. Whether that will be in-person school or online we will have to wait to see. I’m just counting summer over when she returns to school.
She has been out of in-person school since March 12 and now she’s staying with my parents for two weeks so it;’s going to finally be easier to get more done.
She’s a teenager so it’s not like I’m hands-on parenting 24/7 when shes home but it was really different going from her at school and in activities to being at home all the time.
Both my home projects and my blogging projects have been seriously neglected over the last three months. So this summer I’m going to try and get a lot done so that I can feel caught up again at least somewhat.
Hopefully, that will help me feel more relaxed and less stressed by getting some pf my too long to-do list done finally.
Summer Goals for the home/personal
- Clean out and organize our closets: They are packed with stuff and a mess so this is a big priority.
- To build up our savings. We really want to buy a house before Isabella starts high school in August 2021 so we need to focus on saving more.
- Start meal planning: so that we are eating better and spending less on groceries. I will probably start this in August as it’s just Blake and me for most of July.
- To hit my goal of reading 100 books this year: I’m at 43 so I’m a little behind schedule. I should be to 48 according to Goodreads. I want to read a lot this summer to get ahead of my goal and be able to hit it by December.
- To keep working on my anxiety issues: I have struggled with anxiety for the last ten years and the past six months have been hard. So I’ve been working on it and trying new things to help. I want to keep figuring it out and then share what has been working.
- Have some date nights with Blake: Even if we don’t go out to a place just going on a drive and eating in the car just to be alone and together with no distractions. Quarantine is not easy on marriage and although we are doing ok there is a lot of stress on both of us. So focusing on my marriage is a priority right now.
Blogging/Business summer goals
- Update my clutter and Pinterest Books. They are both in need of some updating and refreshing.
- Create a new product: I have in mind something about living simply and making time for self-care which I really am excited for.
- Make a work with me page on my site: So I can offer my Pinterest services that I have been working on. Pinterest is one of my favorite sites and I get so much of my traffic from there and want to help other people to do the same.
- To start sharing more on both my blog and Instagram: I realized that although I share things I know or have learned I don’t tend to open up online or in real life enough. So I want to start being more open and sharing more of who I am and what I know with my audience. I hope this will help me connect with you all even more.
- To get back on track with blogging: This year has been so hard and weird and my blog has taken a back seat. I want to finally get it going again and make and follow a schedule and routine. Summer is a slower time for blogging so getting a schedule going and following it will make it much easier when things pick up in the fall.
- To update and change my blog: I don’t really like the layout of my site and think it could be more helpful and easier for my readers so I’m going to be working on that.
So there are my goals for this summer. I’m going to be really intentional about scheduling and planning my time for the next couple of months. So that things can get done and will get back on track.
How are you doing on 2020 goals and getting stuff done? Leave a comment and let me know what you need help on. Let’s help each other out during this crazy season of life.