We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Last Updated on May 24, 2020 by karissa ancell
So April went well but not as great as I was hoping it would. I feel like I lost some of my focus and didn’t get as much accomplished as I would have like to. I think too often I have lots of ideas and then I don’t make a plan for those ideas so things end up not getting done.
That’s part of why I like doing these monthly goals. So I can actually see what did or didn’t get done. Then spend some time thinking about the next month. That at least starts me on a plan for the month. I just need to take it further and really get more accomplished and more planning done this month.
Here were My April Goals
- To catch up on my reading list. I have so many books to read and I need to start making more time for reading. I want to read 6 books. ( I think I only read 4 books)
2. To go through the Google Analytics Book I’m doing with a Facebook Group. To check out the book click the link and get your own copy. You will learn a lot to help your blog grow. ( some but not all the way through)
3. Put together my spring cleaning email challenge and get it launched in April. This will be a lot of work to complete and put together but it will be very worth it in the end. (I’ve made it a blogging challenge and am slowly working through it.)
4. To get the free library of bonus content up and going this month. I have a few things already in it but I want to add more so that when it’s finally up it will be full of great stuff. (No I didn’t)
5. Work on building more links and page views into my posts by putting more links to other content in my posts. This has already started to work and I’ve just begun doing it. (did some of it)
6. Start working on increasing my blogging income. The nest few lessons on Elite Blogging Academy are all about income so this month we are focusing on increasing income. (worked on it a lot)
Here are My May Goals
1 I want to keep up with my spring cleaning challenge. I need to do my week 3 reveal and start my week 4. I did a lot this weekend to get things back on track so I just need to finish it up and get the post done. Just doing weeks one and two have made our home look nicer and become more functional. Finding the right homes for things has made a difference. Plus our huge pile of donations is helping with less clutter.
2. I want to really focus on guest posting this month. I know that it can really help bring new readers to my blog which would be awesome. I just need to set some time aside and work on it.
3. Do some reading. I’m determined to get back on track with my reading goal for 2016 on Goodreads. I’m real behind so I need to read a lot this month. I’m at 16 for the year right now so I know how to check how far I’ve come)
4. Practice creating printables. I took a workshop on how to do this and I need to spend some time practicing and creating.
5. Have some fun family time. Isabella leaves for her summer vacation at grandmas in about a month. She leaves for two weeks.
6. I need to go to the dentist. I keep putting it off and I need to just make an appointment and go. I hate the dentist.
7. Take some time to work on and complete some courses I’m a part of. I love courses and am in a few so I want to work on them some more.