We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Welcome to my first week of my Social media series. This week will be focusing on Pinterest. I will be doing a couple blog posts about Pinterest as well as posting links to information about Pinterest and linking up and sharing our Pinterest boards on my Facebook page. So make sure to check there as well.
So to start things off here are my top 10 favorite Pinterest Tips! These aren’t new tips but they are tried and true tips that I have done or currently do to maximize my Pinterest.
1. Share who you are with your followers. Include your picture and fill out the about section so people know who they are following.
Here is mine as an example.
2. Comment on pins. Not a lot of people comment so the comments stand out and people who might not be following you yet might take notice and the people you are following probably don’t get a lot of comments. It’s a nice way to increase interaction with you and your followers.
3. consistently pin things You don’t want your followers to forget you are on Pinterest. I try to get on Pinterest everyday even if just to post a couple things and do a little re-pinning.
4. Don’t over pin! If you’ve been on Pinterest before where someone has pinned 100 similar items at once and it takes up most of your feed, you know that’s annoying,, try not to be annoying.
5. Your board is most important. It should be the first board people see when the click on your Pinterest Page. If it’s not, move your boards around. You want to drive people to your site and make it easy to find your content.
6.Join Group boards! This helps more people see your pins but you need to post regularly to them, I need to get better about this. I’m in a few group boards but I don’t join every board I’m invited to because they don’t fit me.
7.Put your group boards at the bottom! People don’t wan’t to scroll through all your group boards. so group them together at the bottom.
8.Arrange your Pinterest page so it makes sense for your followers! The order that works the best for me are first Board/boards that link back to your site. second boards that are about topics that interest your readers. Then last group boards.
9. Link your Pinterest with your Twitter and Facebook! Here is a great article about it here!
10. Have a pin it button on your site! Make it easy for your readers to pin your content. There are a million tutorials on this so search for one that works for you.