We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
I think one of the biggest stressers of my life, and many people’s lives is clutter. You don’t even realize it but it affects you so much. I really saw that last summer. We went to visit my grandma at a condo resort at the beach. For a few hours I was up in the room by myself while people were out doing things. The room was clean and not a lot of extra stuff because it’s a hotel room basically. Looking around at the room was so peaceful. I had nothing to get done, nothing to pick up, no projects nagging at me like they do at home. I just laid on the couch and read. It was one of the most peaceful days ever. I read the Fault in our Stars, which since it’s coming out in theaters got me thinking of this day. I need to replicate that clean empty put together feeling in my own home so that work and play feel more relaxed.
Just sitting here in my living room looking around I am overwhelmed by just the amount of stuff my family accumulates. So for this Taking care of you Thursday. I am listing my favorite organizing posts I have found online and setting some goals for June to get some order.
Why I like this article: It really goes into motivating you to start a challenging process, clearing clutter. Easy and practical tips as well.
One of my favorite websites to visit and this is just part one of a four part series on there for Spring cleaning.
Some really practical advice on how to evaluate eliminate and reduce clutter.
This post was written by a professional organizer. She gives the top reasons that she’s seen people have clutter and what you can do to stop it. Great information.
Some very creative clutter solutions that I hadn’t seen before.
So after reading up on de-cluttering it got me motivated to set a few June goals to get me started.
1. Our living/dining/kitchen area is a huge chunk of our house and where I spend a lot of my time. I need to set the goal of ten bags/boxes of donations from this space in June.
2. We have a huge bookcase that is cluttered, I want it nice and organized this month.
3. go through all drawers and cupboards in this space and figure out what should be in them.
4. All paperwork needs to be dealt with on a monthly basis so by the end of June it should be under control for July.
5. Keep up my nightly routine of tidying up before bed. Try to do it twice a day so it builds up less.
So is clutter a problem for you? How do you deal with it?
If you haven’t entered the blog Anniversary giveaway going on right now, you can do so here.