We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
When I’m feeling stressed or sad or angry these ten things really seem to help me out of my funk.
1. my pets. I love my animals We have two cats. Peeka an 9 year old female cat we got from my sister when my husband and I were first living together. She is mostly black with a little white. Zobe an almost 2 year old male cat that is my Daughter’s best friend. They adore each other. And Keira an 8 year old female dog my husband gave me right before we got married.
2. My daughter Isabella. She makes me laugh and smile though to be honest sometimes she is why I am angry or stressed out so she doesn’t always help the problem.
3. restaurants. I just love going out to eat. I’m not a very good cook so having someone else make me what I want and clean up after me is one of my favorite things.
4. My nieces and nephews. I love being an aunt. My youngest nephew is almost two and he is so funny and silly that it is hard not to feel better and happy when he is around. It’s just such a fun age and he is trying to figure things out and just learning the words for things which I love. Also they aren’t my kids so if they are acting up it’s not my problem.
5. Funny movies. How can I not feel less stressed angry and depressed while watching a movie like Baby Mama or Bridesmaids. The list can go on and on. Give me some SNL people or a Judd Apatow film and I’m a happy girl. When I was in labor I had my husband put on Wedding Crashers to try to relax me.
6. Same goes for funny television shows. I watch a lot of TV. Way too much TV but I try to balance out the dramas and the comedies. My husband and I like to watch the comedies together after he gets home from work before bed. I adore Parks and recreation, Modern Family, the Middle, New Girl Happy Endings. There are more as well, see I told you way too much TV.
7.manicures. We don’t have a lot of extra money so it doesn’t happen often but I love looking down and seeing pretty nails. I also love taking Isabella to get them. Because despite having me as a mother she is a total girly girl.
8. reading. I love books and magazines. I love getting into a good book where you don’t want to put it down even to sleep. Where you feel like the characters are a part of your life.
9. blogs. This also goes with my love of reading but I just love reading other peoples blogs. Seeing pictures of their lives and getting inspired by their experiences. I love feeling like I know some people just based on reading their blogs over time.
10. connecting with people. Getting to spend alone time with my husband, going out to lunch with friends, talking to people on Facebook. Just feeling connected to other people is such a mood lifter.