We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Last Updated on June 28, 2019 by karissa ancell
Have you heard of the amazing Marie Forleo? I’m sure I’ve mentioned her before on the blog because she is one of the women I have learned the most from. If you don’t know her, she is an entrepreneur who is all about helping you live your dreams and creating your best life ever, all things that I believe in and find so important as well. She is an inspiration to me as a blogger and someone just starting to put together a business. I can only hope to become as amazing and successful as she is.
Marie does weekly videos and I opened today’s email with her video and it was about gratitude. I think gratitude is so important and something that we need to express and show more of. So I knew this video would be so important and meaningful to me. Here is the video. It’s only six minutes so give it a watch and learn a trick to gratitude.
I have to admit as much as I value gratitude I am kind of lazy about it and just list off the things and people I’m grateful for. So I’m challenging myself to start weekly picking one thing and listing the five reasons why I’m grateful for it. I’m hoping this will help me really see why I feel grateful for what I have in my life and I know the more positive I feel the more positive I am towards the world. So I talk about my husband Blake a lot on the blog and I am grateful for him and these are the five reasons why.
1. We are a team, we might not always agree on things but I have his back and I know he has mine.
2. He dealt with my stroke and the sudden reality of my disability with more grace and acceptance than anyone else.
3. He is an amazing father to our daughter, He adores his girl and wants to be with her as much as possible.
4. He believes in my dreams. He might not understand the world of blogging but he supports that it is my passion and wants me to succeed at my dreams.
5. That I feel so safe with him. Going through health crisis and multiple seizures since then I can be a bit panicky and he make me feel safe and that I’ll be ok.
I hope you’ll keep this in mind over Thanksgiving and really think about the reasons why you are grateful for things and people in your life. I hope you have a great Thanksgiving and a wonderful day with your friends and family.
To make sure you keep up to date on what’s going on at my blog and receive emails from me make sure you sign up for my newsletter.